PS3 New Guitar Hero Games

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
New Guitar Hero Games
Activision reveals compilation game, and hints at a major new Guitar Hero game later this year.
by Jason Ocampo

US, February 11, 2009 - Activision Blizzard reported stronger-than-expected profits in the fourth quarter thanks to the success of its popular Guitar Hero franchise. Now the company is looking to keep its success rolling with the reveal during the conference call of new games in the franchise.

The company revealed a new compilation game being developed for the big three consoles: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. This new compilation will feature full band versions of the most popular songs from previous games. The compilation game is due out in the second quarter.

However, in the second half of the year, Activision said that there will be a "major restage" of the franchise with a brand new Guitar Hero game.

Meanwhile, the company said future Guitar Hero content will include more diverse genres of music, including music from European band, and in February, Activision will release standalone drums. Activision also plans 50 downloadable songs for Guitar Hero in the first quarter for the year. It also confirmed that Guitar Hero: Metallica is shipping this March.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
cool stuff. The question is how will they bring out a new game? I mean, there is a limit to how Rockband and Guitar Hero are made and run. I don't see how they could change it or add on to it?

Bisola

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
I followed this game and its updates for a while and hoping that it was going to be a very big hit but it never meet my expectations on it. I had to give up on it on the long run.

Chibu

Oct 7, 2022
Zenny
I played this game when it came out years ago. Although, it had a lot of glitches when it came out but it was fixed quickly. It's a good game.

Phabbyfundz

Nov 2, 2022
Zenny
I remember this game from way back and I enjoyed playing back then though I could only play on my older siblings console since I didn't own one at the time.

Zuby

Oct 16, 2022
Zenny
One thing that I didn't enjoy that much about this game is the level of bugs that it came with as well as the microtransactions used in the game. I couldn't play it for too long.

Shortie

Dec 16, 2022
England, UK
Zenny
I remember the last guitar hero game being one that was released back in 2015 if I remember rightly and that was Guitar Hero Live.

That game became a flop it seems and we have never seen another Guitar Hero made since then which is a shame.