Microsoft is scanning computers without permission

sethtodeath

Feb 8, 2006
Zenny
if u really read the artical they say there are only scanning for windows being real or not. so anyone with a fake OST might wana not update.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>The pilot is opt-in, so all participants are given a choice about whether or not they wish to participate. The opt-in is via a License Terms dialog, and users can chose to accept or decline. Only users who accept will receive the software.</div>

I was never asked if I wanted to decline. It just automatically installed it. :( Or maybe I don't have it?

<div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>Once installed, participants will have the option to suppress notifications for some length of time. Users will not have the option of uninstalling WGA Notifications</div>

I seem to remember lawsuits because the option to remove IE wasn't present... now they're adding some stupid thing like this that you can't uninstall.

<div class='quotetop'>(sethtodeath)</div><div class='quotemain'>if u really read the artical they say there are only scanning for windows being real or not. so anyone with a fake OST might wana not update.</div>

I don't think they're scanning anything but operating system files.

Zayne.H

Feb 10, 2006
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
ZayneHumphrey.com
Zenny
All they really are doing is checking if your computer has pirated software in it, Its going ot be in Viva la VISTA. But dont worry, Many computer experts are figuring that this will only be consistant if you use windows update, which you shouldnt since that is buggy.

sethtodeath

Feb 8, 2006
Zenny
Phew! lol thanks zayne i was about to lead a army of people into microsoft to rule it! XD as if >.> <.<

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
My mom was affected by this stupid thing (she has a non-genuine version of XP pro) She said she did a system restore, disabled automatic updates, and it was gone.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Well... it's not that surprising. System restore is supposed to restore the computer to the way it was, just like it did. If it didn't work, then something would be wrong.