More members

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
So what can be done to get more people to join?

It would be great to have activity around here, again.

You'd think people make typos from starcraft2.com to starcraft-2.com more often :dumb:

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
I think its just a matter of time and features.

Im working on some stuff to provide more interactivity and encourage contributions from the users, but its going to be a while before they are ready to be used. There are already a lot of lurkers on the boards (translation: people who read the forums but dont post).

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
Some stuff I can recommend:

- You could try to make three skins for the Forum, one for each race;

- See if Blizzard would aproove of advertising for this Forum, as an unnoficial forum of Starcraft II;

- Set up a system of specific Forum rules and a board of trusted moderators to make sure things stay tight;

- Add some fun customization possibilities for User Profiles, besides race, such as favourite unit, favourite hero, etc;

- I don't really know what to say about user reputation, that's a two-edged sword, but if people are fair, it would be a cool thing to have;

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
- You could try to make three skins for the Forum, one for each race;
I thinks thats a great idea! we will more than likely implement it, but not in the near future - my design skills are weak, im more of a programmer, we dont have any designers on the team at present

- See if Blizzard would aproove of advertising for this Forum, as an unnoficial forum of Starcraft II
Once the forum builds up a bit, we will be applying to be an "official fansite". We REALLY need this to ensure we arent sued for trademark violations... but first the site needs to be active. Although i would love to get advertising from Blizzard as an unofficial forum, i dont think it will happen; lets wait and see

- Set up a system of specific Forum rules and a board of trusted moderators to make sure things stay tight;
Already on the roadmap

- Add some fun customization possibilities for User Profiles, besides race, such as favourite unit, favourite hero, etc;
Also on the roadmap

- I don't really know what to say about user reputation, that's a two-edged sword, but if people are fair, it would be a cool thing to have;
This one will be implemented, and it will be tied in with competitions and prizes... but we need to wait til the forums are active before it will work properly

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
wow, nice site! I actually did a degree in virtual reality systems, but veered away from the design side (ala 3dsmax and maya) since im not a very good artist. Im more into scripting now, in particular doing web development.
Its a small world huh?

dang i REALLY like your site!

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
Thanks!
It's the Starcraft cinematics that got me doing 3d in the first place. So you could say Starcraft changed my life completely.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Wow, there is some amazing stuff there Freespace.
Do you know how many people would hit this site every day if the were just one 3d hydralisk on it? I know that stuff takes a lot of work, but that's what people want to see (I think).

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
Thanks for checking it out, Blades of Aiur. However, for people to see the 3d Hydralisk, they still need to come over to the site, don't they? So we're stuck with the same conundrum.

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
I think blades is right - if we have unique content that people like, they will link to the site, which brings in more traffic.

Freespace, Im not gonna ask you to make any 3D models for us, because i know the time and effort involved.... but if you do make any, im sure it will be appreciated :)

We will be marketing the site, but not for a while. Need to build up some better features so that its more than just a forum, before the marketing campaign will actually retain any users that visit the site.

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
Freespace, Im not gonna ask you to make any 3D models for us, because i know the time and effort involved.... but if you do make any, im sure it will be appreciated
I'll see what I can do, Zergling. :)

Ramee

May 15, 2006
uniiq.gogetforum.com
Zenny
Hi there fellows.
I have found this forum by reading Freespace recomendation on threedy.com
I will see if I can bring more funs of Starcraft by posting link on some forums.

As for me, I am realy more into epic phantasy than in sience fiction, but Starcraft is the best realtime strategy ever, like Master of Orion II is best turn based strategy ever. :)

Yeah, Freespace realy rocks in 3D, and you can consider yourself very lucky, if he is going help you.

Good luck. :)