Movies Star Wars Actor Battling Cancer

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
Star Wars Actor Battling Cancer
Man behind Darth Vader's mask in treatment.
by IGN Stars

US, March 20, 2009 - CNN.com reports that David Prowse, best known for his portrayal of Sith Lord Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films, revealed that he is afflicted with prostate cancer, but still feels opimisitic about his health.

Prowse, during an interview with a British radio station, shared his health condition and that he is undergoing radiotherapy at Royal Marsden, a hospital in South London.

"I'm involved with the Royal Marsden Hospital appeal because I'm undergoing treatment for prostate cancer, would you believe," the actor told Absolute Radio. "I'm having my very last treatment this morning." Prowse also revealed that his treatment has lasted for two months.

vader-empire-snow-pic1_1237590357.jpg

- LucasfilmProwse as Vader, from a scene in The Empire Strikes Back.

James Earl Jones provided the voice for Anakin Skywalker's darker side in the films because filmmakers believed Prowse's English accent would not fit the part. More on Prowse's condition as reports become available.

Nemesis

Jan 25, 2006
Zenny
Same here

Prostate cancer is though one of the big ones for guys, especially once you hit 50. It is almost for us what Breast cancer is for women. All cancer is terrible and I hope he can recover quickly.

Nemesis

Jan 25, 2006
Zenny
it can only slow it down. Prostate itself will almost certainly get cancer if you live long enough.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Y'know, I've read somewhere that masturbating alot can reduce the risks of protate cancer. Maybe he should have played with his other lightsaber.

yeh.. I heard about that too... no wonder playboy is selling a tons of copy after prostate cancer was announced :p

it can only slow it down. Prostate itself will almost certainly get cancer if you live long enough.

I guess it depends.. I know some people who've never had it, but also many have had it... I think it depends on a few things like food, sex at that age... a balance of that might keep you safe.