The 2007 NHL Playoffs discussion thread

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
Discuss the NHL playoffs here. 8 teams left, 1 champion to be decided. Who wins?

I said at the beginning of the year that the Ducks would win it all and ultimately beat the Sabres in the Final, and it still to this very second remains as almost the most favorable outcome, so that's my prediction still.

I still have the Ducks winning it too. But first they have to get back Vancouver. . .and San Jose and or Detroit.

Now discuss.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well during thre begining I thought ducks and buffalo finals.. But I hate to say it.. I feel it won't happen. I think im a 50/50 that buffalo or ottawa makes it to the finals....

I think on the west it will be Sharks or Canucks... Now I'd say ducks.. and I probably should, since most of the top Dmen on the nucks are injured.. but The canucks have been doing quite well all year long.. so if they can score.. they will win, juse because Luongo is the best right now.

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
The Canucks have a chance against anyone, even if they do make the finals, Luongo is good enough to give them a chance to win against anyone.

Ottawa I feel is too offensive-based to beat Buffalo. Buffalo has no holes at all, they have solid goaltending, a solid offensive game, and a tough defensive core, Ottawa has the Spezza-Heatley-Alfredsson line and other then that most everything on their team is about average. But like in Vancouver's case, where Luongo alone is good enough to give them a chance, I say the Spezza-Heatley-Alfredsson line in Ottawa is much the same case.

I predict the Sens to beat the Devils here in 7, and end up facing the Sabres, where they'll ultimately lose in 6.

And the Sharks, I don't know man, I think they're good, but probably just a step not good enough yet. I think they will though eliminate the Red Wings in 6.

I'm looking for the final 4 teams to be Ducks, Sharks, Sabres, Sens. At the beginning of the playoffs I predicted the same actually. =/

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well for their poor play canucks are out.. I feel bad for Luongo, the guy TRIED so hard, but not one else on the team cared...

Next Round: Ducks vs Sharks & Sabers vs Sens

Final: Sharks vs Sens

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
It will be a good series for sure. But look at the Ducks depth.

They have a top line consisting of Kunitz, McDonald, Selanne which is quietly one of the very best lines in the game.

We have the P, P, P line of Penner, Pahlsson, Perry. 2 great young guys, as well as the top defensive forward in the game.

A third line of Moen, Neidramayer, May which is a great checking, aggressive line.

Plus our defense. . .Neidramayer, Pronger, O'Donnell, Beauchemin. That speaks for ourself.

And if that wasn't amazing enough, 2 all-star caliber goalies.

Ducks are way better. =D

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well Sens and Sabers are fighting for the east and I'm for SENS!!

As for ducks.. even with all that, UNLESS!! they play better.. they will lose. Canucks could have owned them 4-1.. that's how bad they played... ducks need to play better.

Also sharks are down 3-2 against the wings... I have a feeling it will go to game 7 for them :D