Blackberry Torch

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
So I saw the blackberry Torch. I have to say I like slider phones so it looks pretty good.

I hear it is a little slow compared to the IPhone 4 and BlackBerry Bold.

Has anyone tried the torch it or own it here?

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
Other than trying it at the store that's it. But i'm not a fan of it mostly because i don't like the small keys on it. And i know what your saying " just use the touch screen", well i own a BB Storm 2 and love it. So i find that it was a better choise of me to not have keys on my phone.

To me i think the Torch is kinda a waste of time for BB, it's like they didn't even try to design a new phone, they just took the BB curve and BB storm1/2 and combined them lol

but that's just what i think :p

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Other than trying it at the store that's it. But i'm not a fan of it mostly because i don't like the small keys on it. And i know what your saying " just use the touch screen", well i own a BB Storm 2 and love it. So i find that it was a better choise of me to not have keys on my phone.

To me i think the Torch is kinda a waste of time for BB, it's like they didn't even try to design a new phone, they just took the BB curve and BB storm1/2 and combined them lol

but that's just what i think :p
ya true LOL they did combine them.. or so it seems, I guess maybe they thought if people like either, lets just combine them into 1 phone and people will want it more.

I know people I ask say they would take it if they could...

I'm personally a touch screen user too. The buttons are always annoying and I always hear the BB users clicking away when texting in class lol.. so distracting.. clicky..clikty.. clik clik.....

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
touch screen is way better. Like on my BB Storm 2 the screen can be pressed in like a button but is also touch. so like i have drag my finger around the letters and they won't type on the screen until i press the screen like a button. I find that i get more accurate typing on it compared to an iPhone touch screen.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
touch screen is way better. Like on my BB Storm 2 the screen can be pressed in like a button but is also touch. so like i have drag my finger around the letters and they won't type on the screen until i press the screen like a button. I find that i get more accurate typing on it compared to an iPhone touch screen.
What network are you with Fusion? I haven't seen the BB Storm 2 yet is it new? The recent ones I seen are Bold and Torch.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
The Storm series is with telus
ah that makes sense. I left telus for Fido. Though I want to move to Wind, but I have like till April with Fido.

Wind has an amazing deal.. $45 unlimited everything.. call, text, data. Sweet deal and a free Black Berry Bold.

Telus was just WAY to expensive and they wouldn't give me any plan for less than $60-70 bucks. I got a better plan with fido for $30.

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
i've been with telus since my first phone, so if there's something wrong or i get charged for something i just complain and say " I've been with you guys since day one, i'm sure you can see my loyalty". I've gotten many discounts already so that's why I'm sticking with them.

Don't think we get Wind in Winnipeg. I've seen ads for it on TV though

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
i've been with telus since my first phone, so if there's something wrong or i get charged for something i just complain and say " I've been with you guys since day one, i'm sure you can see my loyalty". I've gotten many discounts already so that's why I'm sticking with them.

Don't think we get Wind in Winnipeg. I've seen ads for it on TV though
tried that... they said they couldn't do much... I guess sometimes it's also dependent on the rep your talking too.

Wind is new took off in ontario and BC so far.. I think moving to Alberta and parts of the states.

Olaji

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
BlackBerry phones never appealed to me when the phone was very popular because Samsung devices was what I was very used to and even up till now it is the smartphone brand that I'm making use of. Lot of people went crazy over BlackBerry products but I never bothered about it.

Phabbyfundz

Nov 2, 2022
Zenny
This thread just gave me nostalgia and I remember I had the black berry torch mobile phone back then and it was quite expensive for a smart phone at the time.

Bisola

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
So I saw the blackberry Torch. I have to say I like slider phones so it looks pretty good.

I hear it is a little slow compared to the IPhone 4 and BlackBerry Bold.

Has anyone tried the torch it or own it here?
I used Blackberry Torch when it came out 2011. It made a lot of headlines back then because Blackberry phones was leading the chart more than any other phone including iPhone. It wasn't a bad phone.