Communication Error

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
How do Protoss Speak if they lack mouths? I always chalked it up to telepathy. But, if the race comminicates telepatically, why would they have evolved ears? And, if they don't have ears, how do they communicate with humans? Can they just read their minds? This same ability would be very useful in combat... And, if the can communicate telepathically, why do they need comm-links established between ships before each mission in the campain?

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
*sigh* And I always used to think they had an explanation for everything. Now their continuancy is beginning to unravel.

Well, they are only human after all.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I don't know. It is such a minor little detail that only true nerds like us would ever think about. It would be a waste of their time to develop an explanation for everything. Some things must be sacrificed for the greater good.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
True. I wonder if any of the Starcraft books go into detail about this? I've never read any myself.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
That's good to hear, though I don't think I could ever bring myself to read them. For games, I want to learn the story through the game itself or not at all.