PS3 Guitar Hero 5 Official Track List

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
Guitar Hero 5 Official Track List
The first 24 songs from the game are here.
by Erik Brudvig

US, July 8, 2009 - Guitar Hero 5 is hitting stores this fall and if we've learned anything by now, it is the set list that makes or breaks a music game. Activision and Neversoft have sent over an official list of the first 24 songs in the game. Have a look below to see if your favorite band made the cut and then check back soon as we update this list with the remainder of the tunes on the disc and any eventual downloadable tracks that get announced.

And while you're waiting for Guitar Hero 5, don't forget you can check out every song available for Guitar Hero World Tour in our Guitar Hero World Tour Ultimate Set List
On the Disc

Band Of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands"
Beastie Boys - "Gratitude"
Beck - "Gamma Ray"
Billy Squier - "Lonely Is The Night"
Blur - "Song 2"
Bob Dylan - "All Along The Watchtower"
Children Of Bodom - "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing"
Coldplay - "In My Place"
Darkest Hour - "Demon(s)"
David Bowie - "Fame"
Deep Purple - "Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)"
Elliott Smith - "L.A."
Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life (Live)"
Jeff Beck - "Scatterbrain (Live)"
John Mellencamp - "Hurts So Good"
Kings Of Leon - "Sex On Fire"
Queens Of The Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu"
Rose Hill Drive - "Sneak Out"
Santana - "No One To Depend On (Live)"
The Bronx - "Six Days A Week"
Thrice - "Deadbolt"
Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down A Dream"
Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
Wolfmother - "Back Round"

More to come...

E.V.

Jul 5, 2006
Miami
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
My main problem with this new game is that soundtrack. They say "more than 50% will be from the last decade, and 25% will be from the last 18 months." The music from the 2000's sucks completely. Which brings up my problem of the songs from the 60's/70's are some amazing songs that I've always wanted in one of these games. They have Sympathy for the Devil and Walk the Line, 2 songs that I've always wanted in these series. I think this'll be a good game though, seeing as they promise 85 songs. That means around 40 classic rock songs, and honestly, it's not like I'm just gonna sit there and play more than 40 songs ever.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Cant say I like or know many of the songs, Sex On Fire is cool, but thats about it =/
They need to throw in some new skool songs!

I bet the problem is licensing. That's why they have older songs. If they add new songs, they will run into major licensing problems. It might mean then they would have to jack up the prices for rockband or GH products.

S

Spinoff360

I am losing all hope that I am ever going to see a Bush song in either Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I would even settle for Lips or Singstar but even those never happen and Singstar probably is the best chance since there is a lot of British focus on songs. The complete Sixteen Stone album for Rock Band would be my biggest wish but when I am doubting one song that is really pushing it :toilet:

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I am losing all hope that I am ever going to see a Bush song in either Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I would even settle for Lips or Singstar but even those never happen and Singstar probably is the best chance since there is a lot of British focus on songs. The complete Sixteen Stone album for Rock Band would be my biggest wish but when I am doubting one song that is really pushing it :toilet:
Can't we create our own albums? RB and GH should create an application, which allows people to create their own playlist.