If you were to get SC2 soon after it comes out there wont be any player-made games.

Darkness_Zealot

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
Some of you may have noticed this but im sure most of you didnt. It takes a while for players to make custom games (2-3 days if they are good) which Battle.net within 3 days of its release will have only regular play games. Doesnt that suck?

Kenth

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
well starcraft 1, had ALLOT of maps to play when it was launched, why do you think that this it will be different?

Darkness_Zealot

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
ah and....starcraft one had MAPS not custom made maps when it was launched.most people put dates on their maps that make it seem like it was one of the first maps made.

Kenth

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
hehe..:p Well this is a new game as starcraft was new before.
Dont you think that they will make many new maps?

Kenth

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
i have never been online with starcraft 1... not on my comp anyways.. and there you have 50 maps...

deno70

Jun 11, 2007
Zenny
just give it a while, the pvp maps wont take that long, i was never good on them, i cant wait for the mep settings ones to be out :D i always liked "the thing" also liked the movie aswell...

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
My fav map has to be BigGameHunters with infinite resources.

I wouldnt be too concerned though, Blizzard have already said they are putting a lot of effort into the map builder, to give developers as much control as possible in creating new maps.

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
I think you will find that starcraft has such a huge fanbase that it wont be long before people start distributing custom maps.

Obvioiusly its going to take some time for the good ones to be tried, tested, tweaked and perfected, but that wont take long either. Remember that the internet has come a long long way since starcraft1 was released... more users and more bandwidth means new maps will be popping up everywhere in no time at all