Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well i got it back on XMAS LOL!!.. I got most of the items in the game too. It's not bad, creating ur own character is fun and it's nice to be able to use and play with ALL the chracters. It's a fun game :D

The storyline isn't bad either. I like the konquest mode a lot, compared to the older MK games. :D

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
I did play online, but I stopped. Too many mouthy jerk-offs online. Both on the X-Box and PS2 servers.

Added to that, people who use those gay-ass created fighters are half of what takes the fun out of this game. The other half that takes the fun out of it is the unbelieveable amount of glitches there are.

I can tell you an example that happened to me.

I can nail a healthy 7-hit/32% combo with Scorpion, but as I air-cancel and top off the combo it reads 4-hits/5% combo, so technically an 11-hit combo that should have taken at least 45-50% off.

Plus there is so much unbalance between characters. I don't necessairly mean created fighters and any boss fighter. I mean some characters were just made way too strong.

Like Jade for example. There is a way if you use the right combo where it has been proven that you can win flawlessly everytime. No ifs and or buts about it.

With Sareena you can simply throw knives all match, even if they block, sooner or later they can't jump out of the way, duck, do anything to get away from the daggers, so you can win flawlessly everytime that way with her too.

Or Ermac it's brutal. You can float all match long, if they jump, tele-kick them, or if they stand on the ground, tombstone drop on them and you're almost guaranteed a flawless everytime that way.

The top-tier characters in this game that are legit are the ones like Kabal, Mavado, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Fujin, Tanya among others, and sadly, even with those kind of characters, people are finding ways to win cheaply.

Ermac, Jade, Sareena have been made so anyone who uses them right can almost not be touched, thus the best characters in the game, obviously.

But other then that, I liked Armageddon and it's story. Although I've already read MK rumors that Taven actually doesn't receive all of Blaze's power. And in fact, the one who actually does is. . .

Click to show spoiler

So yes, MK is very interesting, just somewhat glitched and not tested as well as it should be.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I hear they are making a new MK movie now too... I have to say though.. Is this the end of MK? from the director he basically says it;s the end and their starting some new storyline about another game...

McNasty

Jun 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta.
www.myspace.com
Zenny
He does plan on wrapping up the MK series with another movie and one more game to follow up Armageddon, but only expect a few of the classic to appear in that game like Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion and maybe a couple others.