Server Slowdown

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Many people will notice a downtime or slowdown here at GP. Apparently, our hosting has some maintaince issues. So, we may have this problem for this week and hopefully it's solved by next week.

SEVER MAINT NOTICE

We Will be replacing the Hardrives & rebuilding the Raid Aray on our RS1 Server

Reason: One of the Drives has sector damage and we are taking the time to build a larger aray with faster Hard drives

Maint Window: Feb 14 2009 - Feb 23 2009 (or until complete):

Approximate: down time: None ( there may be some IP latencey as we cut the servers IP's over to our backup server ) please make a note of it
Thank You

I personally will be doing a maintenance check on our forum soon to speed things up and also possible delete older threads. We have tons of old spammy threads.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Yeah, I noticed. There are certain hours when it goes down. But it doesn't take long to be up again. Funny because it's usually when I just got online or in the morning.
yep, around that time roughly.

I hope it gets fixed soon, because I've never had issues with this server. Once in awhile hardware will fail and that's the way it goes. Luckly, this hosting provider is SMART and has a brain to know you NEED a backup hard drive in case the main ones dies.

Our last host was run by idiots...

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
ya, the last week has been great. I think the got a new hard drive and fixed everything up. Hopefully, things stay well.

It's a issue that will occur almost with any host. Hardware dies.... and especially Hard drives... but thankfully SOME awesome hosts have backup drives! So you don't lose all your information.

Guerilla

New Blood
Apr 1, 2009
Zenny
u get haxor! I dl all db now then starts new Gamerz-Place my own!

FSDD 4 life!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Whoa, that sounds cool. So that thing was April Fools? Still no VIP?
Well the VIP was an unattended joke LOL. I didn't think the board would throw me or TLS into VIP status after I demoted us both :p

But, I am thinking of opening the VIP... I think the bigger problem is listing what someone needs to be VIP.. eg.. posts/rep/activity.. In the past the problem we had is people were posting a lot and becoming VIP with spammy posts... so we need some GOOD guidelines I think for VIP status.

Hyuuga Neji

Apr 19, 2006
over there <^v>
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
i beleive at first vip was 1000
and i'd be there right now if my posts weren't set back like 3 or 4 times -.-
but i suppose it just gives me something to work for
but should we start a new thread about this? we're kindof in an off topic place for this lol

JaylinMills

May 25, 2013
Zenny
Server slowdown problems? If you, like me, are a small, independent online publisher, losing consistent traffic while knowing that the cause is not your readers taking off to other better destinations can be as frustrating as trying to hold water with your hands.