This SUCKS.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
I rented 4 movies the other night, my weekly ritual, right? I got Wolf Creek, Fun With Dick And Jane, A History Of Violence, and my mom ( Honestly, my mom ) got The Chronicles of Narnia or whatever. I enjoyed the book but I KNEW the movie would be horrid in the same way the Harry Potter movies are now disgusting to me. It ruined the book. Anyway, all of them worked great ( Wolf Creek works but I haven't watched it yet ) except for one. Fun With Dick And Jane. I put it in the PS2, and my PS2 started making a funny noise. I was at my Browser screen, I'm on a V9 SCPH-50001, and waited for a little bit for the DVD Video to register, but it just kept making the noise. So I took the disc out, and the bottom is COMPLETELY FUCKED!!!!!! This movie JUST CAME OUT the night that I got it, I was the first person to rent this copy. I don't know if my PS2 did this to the movie or not, but no other movie or game I've ever put in my PS2 made it make sounds like that, and I've been playing DQ8 and my mom watched Narnia after we found out FWDAJ didn't work. So I don't know what to do, I really wanted to see the movie, but now when I take it back, they're going to see how ruined their supposed brand new movie is, and think I did it. I'll be contributing $20.00 to " Movie Mania " -_- damnit.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Did you get your PS2 new or used? Is SCPH-50001 one of the old, big PS2s like I have?

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Well... My PS2 doesn't play a few select DVDs, but it plays a bunch of others. I don't know why. Mine's never scratched up discs like that, though. :eyepop:

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Let's just hope it isn't dying because my fliptop for this precise model arrives in less than a week XD and if I have to get a new PS2 it's going to be a slimline, not a big bulky one, and I'll have to get a completely different model.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Well, your fliptop might actually help. I've heard that the standard disc tray has something to do with these problems sometimes.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(Mr. Mackey @ mmkay?)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ray, you make everything better. Too bad your alter-ego is a major asshole ^_^;;</div>

Hmmmm... you're just asking for people to derail this topic, aren't you? :eyepop:

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Lmao. Sorry. Seriously though, you think the fliptop might help? I don't think this is going to be very healthy at all. Removing the case and messing with the innards of the beast. I just don't have a good feeling about all of this. It'd be no big deal to get a PS2, it's just..blargh..don't want to get an old bulky one, but don't want to have to order another fliptop >_< damnit

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I really think the fliptop has a chance of helping. Of course, I can't guarantee it though. Plus there's a very small chance that this was a freak accident and your PS2 won't ever do this to another disc.

R

r.A.n.D.o.M

my PS2 is starting to die i gotta wait for like 10 minutes on that browser screen for it to load up

then again i idd get it year of realease