What's in the Dark

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
What's in the Dark
(Slice of Life Rp)

Two people. Two people who care for each other, but have problems, and are now with other people. Watch this drama unfold.
Place: Tokyo Japan.
Setting: Tokyo University for International Students.

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
“Thats good, Bellona. You sang that very well. I want you to sing the chorus again.” Mrs Fubuki said.

Bellona nodded and took a deep breath.

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are!

“That was good. You hit the notes correctly. You will be ready for the recital. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Bellona nodded. She got up and grabbed her bag and left. Bellona was a student at the Tokyo International University, on a scholarship. She was going for singer/songwriter. Bellona’s voice came from her mother. Only her African American looks and a locket is all she had left of her mother. Bellona’s father, Federico was in the U.S. Army, and was always working. Bellona knew it was because of him missing her mother.

She headed to the cafe on campus to meet Eumie. They met there for coffee and a danish. Before walking in, she was stopped by Takumi. Takumi Watanabe was a pretty popular on campus. He was doing a business degree, to take over his family company. He was 5‘10, with chocolate brown eyes, an amazing smile and charmed that oozed out of his pours.

“Hey Bellona.”

Bellona smiled. “Hey Takumi.” she replied.

He smiled back at her. “Are you still with Orion?”

Orion. It had been a month since they broke up. He moved on. But she hadn’t yet. That last argument. She will never forget it, and sweet God she wanted to.

“No we broke up.” Bellona answered.

“Oh.” he said with a surprised look on his face. “So what are you doing tonight?”

Bellona stuttered. This was out of the blue. The most she and Takumi had in conversation was about small talk at the cafe.

“Nothing.”

“Good. How about we go to Jomon Roppongi? ” he asked.

“Um...Er...I dont know. I have to do some homework?”

He reached to move a strand of her hair, and smiled. “I’ll have you home, in time to do homework.”

“Ok.” Bellona said.

“I’ll pick you up at 7.” He leaned down and kissed her check. He winked and walked away.

Bellona touched her cheek. Shaking her head she walked into the cafe.

Last edited:

Aquarius

Feb 17, 2013
Zenny
Marques walked briskly to avoid his pursuer. Keeping his head and eyes straight ahead, he nearly missed every passerby. "Wait up!" A voice came from behind. The quickened footsteps caught up to him. A young freshman jumped in his face. "So is it true!?" With a disturbing display of interest. "Are you really in the military?" Marques kept avoiding eye contact. "Yes, now go away." The freshman, Yohei Tanaka had a great interest in the American military. As a kid he used to visit military installations like Okinawa and watched the U.S. Armed Forces training. His father was a contractor and brought him along often on trips.

"I'm flattered and all, but you're starting to creep me out mind giving me some space?" Marques said. Yohei wasn't listening; he was too busy bombarding him with questions.
"What's your rank? How long have you been in? Which branch are you in? Have you been to Iraq or Afghanistan? Have you shot someone? What do you specialize in?"
Marques sighed heavily. "Sergeant. Four and a half years. U.S. Army. Yes, once to each. I've shot people, two of them are dead. Right now I specialize in wishing you'd SHUT THE **** UP!!"

He said as he jumped in Yohei's face. Yohei jumped back, nearly out of his skin. "Wow that must be your War Face." Yohei said with a smile. Marques stared blankly at him.
"Look, I'm under a lot of stress right now. Can you do me a huge favor?"

Yohei's smile widened. "Sure. Anything."

"Get lost." Marques retorted. "Ok." Yohei replied with odd enthusiasm.

Marques started to continue walking down the sidewalk again. A second later, he heard Yohei behind him again.

"I told you to get lost." He said without looking back.

“You’re headed to the Campus Café, aren’t you?” Yohei asked jokingly.

“Yeah.”

“That’s where I’m headed, too.”

Marques crossed the street and made it to the café and stopped at the entrance. Yohei tagged behind him. He opened the door and started to enter then suddenly stopped. So suddenly that Yohei run into him. He turned to Yohei.

“Just try not to get in my way, alright?” Marques asked. “Yes, sir!” Yohei shouted and threw up a salute.

“You don’t call Non-commissioned officers “sir”, nor do you salute them unless they’ve been awarded the Medal of Honor, among other circumstances; this is not one of them.” Marques snapped.

“Sorry..”

Marques spun around and went into the café.

Last edited:

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
“Bells!? I got your coffee.” Eumie called to Bellona. Bellona smiled and walked over to the table where Eumie was sitting. Eumie was the first friend Bellona made when she came to college in Japan. Eumie was very pretty Korean girl with long brown hair. The nape part of her hair was orange and her eyes were a lovely shade of lavender.

“Thanks.” Bellona grabbed the coffee and sipped.

“Did i see Takumi talk to you?” Eumie asked.

Bellona sipped her coffee and nodded.

“He’s cute. What he want?”

Bellona sighed. “He’s talking me out to dinner.”

Eumie’s eye went wide. “Yay! You need to get over your ex anyway. He sure got over you.”

“Thanks.”

“I’m just saying Bellona, you need to do something new. Takumi is alot of fun from what i hear.”
Bellona rolled her eyes. “Its. Just. A. Date.”

“Whatever.” Eumie said as she sipped her coffee.

Bellona’s eyes cut to the door. There, walking in, was Marques.

Aquarius

Feb 17, 2013
Zenny
Marques walked with Yohei right behind him. With a quick swipe of his right hand over his head he removed his hoodie. He scanned the room and quickly spotted Bellona. He tried to avoid looking at her as he searched for an open table. Yohei noticed that Marques was keep his eyes of the part of the room where Bellona was. Marques found a table and sat down. Diagonal from Bellona, still in her field of vision. Marques noticed his mistake. "Aw dammit." He said rolling his eye. Yohei sat across from him with a puzzled look on his face.

"Hey Marques. Do you know that girl? You seem bothered." Yohei Said.

Marques just gave him a look. Just then, the waitress came over. She was cute. Japanese, curvy figure, about 5'5 nice breast, red lipstick with her ponytail sitting high as her black hair draped down to her shoulders. She wore an all black outfit that all the employees wear with a green apron.

"Hi, Mika. I'll be waiting your table, is there anything I can get you?" She said with a smile.

"Just some water for now, please." Marques said. "The same." Yohei said after.

"Alright, I'll be right back." Mika replied as she leaned in to coasters on the table. She smiled as her eyes met Marques' then she turned and pranced to the back of the cafe. Marques realized he was staring and turned his head to see Yohei looking right at him.

"Cute, isn't she?" Yohei asked with a huge grin. "Shes alright." Marques answered as he leaned back in his chair.

"'Alright'? You nearly fell out your seat!" He said with a laugh. "Who is she?" Marques asked as his he quickly took a look in Bellona's direction. He wondered if she saw him looking at Mika.

"I think shes a Junior, picked up a part-time job for some reason. I think her lastname is..." Yohei paused tapping his finger on his forehead. "Furukawa. That's it, Mika Furukawa."

Mika returned with their glasses and set them on the table. "Thank you." Marques took a glass and began to sip. Mika noticed Yohei smiling at her.

"Is there something the matter?" She asked. "My friend here likes you." He said as if he couldn't wait to tell. Marques nearly choked.

He coughed. "Your 'friend' can speak for himself." He snapped. Mika giggled. "But he doesn't know me." Mika looked at Marques. "I've heard of you though, you're the American that transferred the fourth semester last year. Orion. Is that right?" She asked.

"Yea, have we met?" Marques looked puzzled. "No, but I've seen you on campus but never got a chance to introduce myself. I'm Mika Furukawa." She said with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Mika." Marques nodded.

"Is there anything I can get for you?" Mika asked. "I'll have today's special." Marques asked. "Same here." Yohei said raising his hand.

"Alright. I'll have that for you soon." Mika said as she wrote down the order and pranced away with her ponytail flailing behind her.

As soon as she was out of sight Yohei kicked Marques under the table.
"Yo, she totally likes you! She wanted to 'introduce' herself since last year? She has it out for you!" He said with excitement.

"Chill out, we don't know that. Don't just jump to conclusions. Marques sipped his water and then returned a harder kick. "And louding me out like that-not cool." Yohei rubbed his shin.

"Relax. It might have worked in your favor."

"Well, if what you say is true then I didn't need your help from the start."

After a brief argument Mika brought Marques and Yohei their orders. She set the plates on the table and stood quietly for a moment. She seemed nervous.
She kept her hands together in front of her. "Thanks again, Mika." Marques said.

"Have you been to the Jomon Roppongi?" She asked. Marques thought for a moment. "I'm not sure. I don't go out much anymore."

"Oh, well I get off at 7. I was wondering if you'd like to talk to me after work. If you're too busy its fine." Yohei kicked Marques again. Marques looked at Yohei who was making an 'thumps up' sign as he held his chopsticks.

"Sure. That'd be cool." Marques answered. Mika smile and revealed what was in her hands. A napkin with her name and number written on it.

"Ok. I'll see you later." She said with a smile. Then she spun around and pranced to the back.

Last edited:

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
Bellona cut her eyes away from Marques.

"That ass. What he did to you was messed up." Eumie said.

"It doesn't matter. Anyway, the recital is in a few weeks. I'm really nervous." Bellona expressed.

Eumie smiled. "B, you are one of the best singers in the this university. You got this."

"Eumie. I'm on a scholarship. If i mess this up. God i don't even wanna think about. My father can't afford this tuition. If i do good on this recital, Crystal Kay will be my mentor." Bellona sighed. So much was riding on this.

Eumie felt bad for her. Bellona had it hard. Her mother disappearing. Her father never even caring.

"Let's go shopping. You need a nice outfit for tonight." Eumie said. She dropped a tip on the table and grabbed Bellona.

"Hey!" Bellona yelled.

Eumie dragged her out the coffee house.