worst/best blizzard game?

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
i hated warcraft 3. it looked pretty, but i never had fun playing it. it was just micro, micro and more micro. in the end it depends on whoever has less lag to determine the victory.

my favorite is starcraft because everything sounded awesome and once in a while you can just mass up a huge army and attack ground against another army and watch a battle that is very entertaining.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
My least favorite would have to be Diablo. I just never could be entertained by that style of game. Meh. *shrugs* That or World of Warcraft. If only because it absorbed so many hours of my life that were, in hindsight, wasted.

Favorite must be SCII. Although, I guess that is not exactly what you meant... So I'll go with the original. Power overwhelming indeed.

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
I think its a bit unfair to say 'worst' Blizzard game, all the Blizzard titles are very popular because they provide good game play. Having said that, ive never played wow and never intend to... because i know ill be addicted to it and waste many hours of my life (and the subscription payment is a turn off too!).

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Maybe this thread should have been titled favorite/least-favorite game, but oh well.

I think it is great that blizzard can appeal to so many people with just a few game series. That's one of the best parts. it allows them to focus on quality more than quantity. And Starcraft 2 looks like high quality in a big way.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
luckily i never got addicted to wow, mostly because i never got a turn from my hogging brother (blades of auir) who was absolutely addicted.

its unfair for me to say diablo is my least fav. because i never played it, but worst game would probably go to one of the older warcrafts. wc3 had way too cool of custom games to be the worst.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
It's amazing what they can do with graphics engines these days. I personally try to look past graphics when deciding if a game is good or not. But I'll be damned if some of the video games I have seen are boreder-line works of art.

Warcraft 1+2 can't be called that atrocious. By todays standards, their graphics are a steaming pile of crap and most of their system are out dated. It's just a game for a different generation.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Blizzard's games have a tendancy for extraordinary replay values. Do you ever get tired of watching marines pop into puddles of blood?