Your Religious Persuasion?

Lord Defience

May 12, 2006
S. Yorkshire- UK
Zenny
Heh. If there is a divine being, it is likely that what is in any of the relgious books for major and minor religions aren't true. Though I doubt there is one, I think we all evolved, and that religion is a very sly, incharge way of keeping people in order, and loyal.

As for when people die, I have no idea what'll happen and can't quite expect what is to happen. I'll just have to wait and die, to see, luckily I am not in a major hurry to find out what happens xD

Eternally Yours

May 23, 2006
on my roof looking at the stars..
Zenny
I believe Jesus Christ was the son of God. Thats about it. I'm raised Catholic but it really makes my parents mad i dont believe in the faith. That doesn't mean I dont respect it. I'm not sure exactly what i believe i know i'm christian. I firmily believe there is no right chrisitan religion. Only ones that bring you closer to God and help you yourself worship him. The Catholic faith does not do that for me, I do not believe in the eucharist. When i'm 18 i'm leaving the faith most likely to join the Pentacostal Church.

Missing Temptation

beautiful desire
May 14, 2006
Zenny
I am catholic. I believe in God and everything. But I feel like I'm a terrible catholic because unlike most of my family I believe that parts of the bible are just kind of filling in the spaces with stuff that may (or may not) be right. So I don't know. I'm not the best catholic but I still am one. I just tend to question things even though I feel I shouldn't.

Cloud

Jan 12, 2006
The Forum o.O
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Your actually one of the most levelled headed people out there. It doesn't make you a bad catholic it makes you a decent person. Personally i don't beleive in God because i'm a scientist and rely on fact rather than theory. Just curious i'm wondering how you start following your religion? By parents or own choice?

Xemnas

Apr 21, 2006
The World That Never Was
Zenny
I'm Atheist. If God made the world in 6 days, how come dinosaurs existed millions of years before us, for instance? And don't even start me on the Bible. It's funny really, how billions of people can look at a page that says "homosexuality is wrong!" and decide that it's "right". Jeez, you're really bright, aren't you?

Kissui Tensai

Aug 13, 2006
I'm harrassing RPGirl everywhere she goes =D.
myspace.com
Zenny
>_> you know what I find funny? How i'm a baptist and I don't fully grasp the concept of creation. Being that for one the theory of evolution that stands to this day in contrast with contradicting the invisible laws made by the man upstairs. Though, the evolutionary chain...HAS GAPS ZOMFG!!! Its not really all that suprising being that science can't prove everything. In this world and society today, Science is nothing without religion, being that circumstance has come at the cost of the two thriving off of the other in a fashion giving them their dramatic flare. Do you think god exist? I do, and yet when I die and am placed in a cophen six feet below the earth, it's mere returning from where you originated, the planet...

50/50 for me, im going unbiased in a single selection.

Xemnas

Apr 21, 2006
The World That Never Was
Zenny
In this world and society today, Science is nothing without religion, being that circumstance has come at the cost of the two thriving off of the other in a fashion giving them their dramatic flare.
I find that hard to believe, when really science didn't "exist" when they wrote the Bible. That, and science is proving that "God" isn't impregnating people (strange, how long that took -_-) and yet people still believe "ZOMG GOD'S REAL LET'S WORSHIP HIM IT'LL BE FUN ZOMG ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!" If people want to believe it, that's fine, but you won't find me worshipping some almighty power. And you will not catch me in a church or something unless school makes me (funnily enough, I go to a Christian school).

Daemon Sadi

Jan 13, 2006
Zenny
Most people are raised in a certain religion. And that is child abuse. Not letting your child think for himself. Disgusting. Making them go to church or the mosque, or whatever.

Also, science has been around since we came to be.

Kissui Tensai

Aug 13, 2006
I'm harrassing RPGirl everywhere she goes =D.
myspace.com
Zenny
LOL, i didn't realized prasing the black jesus was wrong. Having hair like wool and still moderized as a caucassian male in society though he was of african-descent. Either way, I believe in free will and not fate, and i choose to look into both as a whole and consider the aspects of both. As you age you break away from most things (apparently this doesn't apply to racist bull**** -__-")

Xemnas

Apr 21, 2006
The World That Never Was
Zenny
Most people are raised in a certain religion. And that is child abuse. Not letting your child think for himself. Disgusting. Making them go to church or the mosque, or whatever.
I agree totally. In fact, my dad actually made us go to church when I was little.
Also, science has been around since we came to be.
I meant science as in, like, its study, I didn't mean it literally.
LOL, i didn't realized prasing the black jesus was wrong. Having hair like wool and still moderized as a caucassian male in society though he was of african-descent. Either way, I believe in free will and not fate, and i choose to look into both as a whole and consider the aspects of both. As you age you break away from most things (apparently this doesn't apply to racist bull**** -__-")
It's traditional. It's how Jesus is shown normally, and it won't change. That said, there's nothing wrong with praising the black Jesus, nothing at all. If you want to, it's totally fine.

The Banana

Jul 14, 2007
Harvey Ceders
Zenny
see, now i left the catholic church, and actually dont hate it. i just dont see how a person that has their own concious moral can possibly be god fearing. now thats just my opinoin, and people are allowed to believe whatever they please. just thought i'd throw it in there.

now, im agnostic, but practice buddhist ideals, and actually see how it can make sense in the world around us. Psychologists and Neurologists are acutally working with Buddhist monks now to study the brain in its "purest* form, if you will.
buddhism anyone? :p

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
see, now i left the catholic church, and actually dont hate it. i just dont see how a person that has their own concious moral can possibly be god fearing. now thats just my opinoin, and people are allowed to believe whatever they please. just thought i'd throw it in there.

now, im agnostic, but practice buddhist ideals, and actually see how it can make sense in the world around us. Psychologists and Neurologists are acutally working with Buddhist monks now to study the brain in its "purest* form, if you will.
buddhism anyone? :p
That's what I think... which is why god or atleast why the human race has a mind.. are able to think far beyond other animals and mammals.. I don't disrespect others belifs or relgion, because hey.. everyone sees things from a differe point of view..

The Banana

Jul 14, 2007
Harvey Ceders
Zenny
well my view on agnostics is that they generally believe in a high power, but dont think praying, and worshiping is needed.

thats why ideal buddhism rocks :p

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Theres no religion, like no religion! I'm agnostic, but I support any religion that practices the princeples of love instead of hate.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
nope I'm really agnostic (which means I have no religion) but for good reason, my family split between agnostics and christians, so I was halfed, and I live with agnostics that dont take me to church so...thats why.