Animated banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevelle

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I just wanted to let you guys know they slow the forum down badly when I look in threads.

I would highly suggested that they be restricted. No forum can handle them, really.

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Your right which is why I blocked those images from my browser...it's not that the animations themselves but where it's being linked from as well I think, it was clouds and Geo's that was linked from the same place and was messing my system up so i blocked it and it was good.

If we have to place the animated things in spoiler buttons.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I allow it as long as its not a HUGE animation. Like GEO and Cloud's are a small little 80x80ish animation. But if the whole banner is animated then I'd restrict it.

Lawliet

Jan 14, 2006
Albuquerque
Zenny
either way most of the time the banners are saved into ure cache at ure pc, so the next time u open a thread or w/e 90% of the time they load up straight from ure pc and not from the link. but if you decide they have to go the'yll go.

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Kratos said:
Guys...it's not the animation themselves. It's the size.

Cloud's: 780.18 KB
Geostita(sp?): 280.07 KB

Cloud's is the biggest..thus takes longer to load threads.

In that case they need to go, especially Cloud's, way too big.

Again it used to lag me until I placed a block on them.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Well, I got DSL now. I saw for a couple days now how long it takes to load pages. And yeah, animated banners take longer and can lag some users.

So, I'm hereby prohibiting animated banners from now on. Sorry Cloud and GEO, if its not too much to ask, I gotta ask you guys to just kill the animation in your sigs and that would be cool. Its fine if animations are in a spoiler tag though.

Status
Not open for further replies.