Antivirus program rankings

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Want to know how well your antivirus software is protecting your computer? Trying to pick a virus scanner? Take a look at the list.

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=82
The test was done August 15th to 25th of this year.

I'm considering switching from Avast to Active Virus Shield, but I'm not sure yet. After all, AVS IS from AOL... but it seems to be a great program.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>is the test completely un-biased?</div>
As far as I know, it's un-biased. I can't find anything to indicate any bias.
<div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>Well I know where this came from: AOL, the top 40 are offered in AOL's crappy security service.</div>
Ummm... what? :weird: I found this on Digg. The only thing that has to do with AOL is Active Virus Shield, which is basically Kapersky with AOL branding... so AVS can't be THAT bad.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I switched to AVS because Avast! was using too much RAM. And so far, AVS seems like a good program... plus it only uses about 8000k of RAM.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
I just got Kaspersky Internet Security. Has a firewall and AV built in one.

Has been great so far in keeping my PC clean and safe.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Yep, it's supposed to be one of the best.
I wonder if this list is still accurate... err wait, it's not even there anymore.

Olaji

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
I have been using Norton for as long as I can remember and it's been working very well for me over the last couple of years. My system have never been exposed to any virus.

Mimi

Nov 2, 2022
Zenny
AVAST works very for me both on my PC, laptop and smartphone. I can't any other antivirus software. I have heard about Windows Defender and how good it is but I'm very good with AVAST.

Lucas

Oct 2, 2022
Zenny
Windows Defender is the anti virus software I've always used on my PC. It's the best antivirus I've used for my system. I've never had an attack on my computer since I started using it.