Anyone done any programming?

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I just realized something, well not on my own though, by asking around at other places. Different tutorials teach things in different orders, so sometimes it really isn't a bad idea to temporarily skip something you don't understand (as long as the next subject doesn't depend on it).
And wow... I just went through namespaces really fast. The tutorial site calls it an "Advanced Concept", but I don't seem to be having any trouble with it. :D

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I've taken a long break from C++ for now.... ever since sometime last year! Just started a Python tutorial last night.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
C++ and Python are great.. but I'd say you should work on PHP.

PHP will be better, if your wanting to do web dev work.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I'm not sure I really want to do web dev work. I'm planning to make a game... maybe. Not sure if it will really happen, but I want to try. I've had the idea in my mind for about a year or two. It might take twice as long to actually make the game. Maybe I'll learn PHP sometime though.

My problem right now is the recent release of Python 3.0. All the modules (except the default ones) are in the old version of Python 2.6, which isn't backward compatible with the new one. But I'm going to try to learn the new one anyway.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I think I know enough about Python now to make a simple text-based RPG.

Also, I have discovered that Python can be used for web development.  :)

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
Yes it can be used for the web, but it's only good for a few things.

PHP has taken over the web and now with MYSQL databases... it's the new thing.

As for gaming, yeah C+ is great for it :D

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Maybe I'll try PHP sometime after I get very good with Python. Maybe I'll even give C++ another shot.  Python gets my attention for the moment... though I've also wondered about learning LUA. Lots of people use it to make homebrew for PSP.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Wow, I really need to get some more python practice. I've been kinda slacking off with it lately.
<

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrayFox @ Aug 4 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, I really need to get some more python practice. I've been kinda slacking off with it lately.
<
</div>

I spent the last month working with php and javascript, and Mysql
<

Chibu

Oct 7, 2022
Zenny
Anyone? If so, what languages? Share experiences here.

I'm thinking of learning a programming language (Probably C++ or VB.net) with the eventual goal of creating a game. I'm sure it will take a while though.
Programming isn't my cup of tea at all. I have no interest in it because my head can't carry. I have given it a try once of twice, but I was lost completely 10 minutes into the training. It's how I know programming isn't for me.