Anyone done any programming?

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(GrayFox;19360)</div><div class='quotemain'>There are always other languages out there to learn too.

like LOLCODE
http://lolcode.com/

That would be great if some people actually start making things with this! :haha:</div>

Now THAT is f8ckin' awesome.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>(Zayne.H;19363)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know who this would be perfect for on this forum since this person always talks in this!</div>

You mean half of all of us? :haha:

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I was kidding... and I think I know who you're talking about... but this topic is not a place for Zayne to talk about people, so let's stay on topic. :eek:

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
first I'd have to learn sql and how to work with code on webservers.... I don't know much about that.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
I like it a lot so far. It might just be that this tutorial is really simplifying concepts for me, but Python seems to be slightly more basic than some of the other languages, though I guess it won't be as flexible. Still, the game EVE Online uses some python coding, so that's cool I guess ^_^ Right now my goal is to make a four-function calculator.(add,subtract,divide,multiply), but after that who knows.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I can't believe I haven't made a calculator like that. :weird:
I made one in basic a long time ago (on an Apple IIc), but not in C++ yet... even though I easily could at this point.

And Zayne... I might do it someday, but even if it's not me, I hope at least someone decides to learn Ruby or Ruby on Rails. I will try to get to it someday, but I'm not ready yet.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Zayne, I have a question. If I get stuck on something in a tutorial...
(like pointers or overloading operators... Pointers are making a lot more sense now, but I just started with overloading operators)
...is it an okay idea to move on to the next thing and come back to figure it out later? Or should I make sure I completely understand something before moving on?

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
K thanks for the recommendation. I'll try going over tough things multiple times. If I can't figure it out, I'll check another tutorial for the same topic.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Stick with it, Ray; when in doubt, like you said, try another tutorial's section on the subject you're having trouble with.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
yep, I need to start spending more time on it too... and focusing more. I planned to finish that section tonight, even if I didn't completely understand it yet (I'd go back over it tomorrow)... but I didn't finish. oh well.