Basketball Discussion

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I think the Raptors would win actually, they got a more complete team then the Lakers do. The Lakers may have the more experienced coach and the possible NBA MVP, but the Raptors got a more complete team then the Lakers do IMO.

Oh, I promised J that I would see if the Kings could make the playoffs, so I'm gonna do some predictions. Hide your children. ;)

1. Either the Spurs, Suns, or Mavs.
2. Same as 1.
3. Same as 1 & 2.

But, one thing is for sure, the Suns will either be #1, 2 or 3 in the West. Most likely #2 I think.

And only the Mavs or Spurs one of those 2 can be in the top 3, I think the Spurs will be #1 and the Mavs #4.

#3 will likely be the Nuggets but it will come down to the Nuggets and Timberwolves, even though their record will be more of a 6 or 7 seed, one of those 2 teams would have won the Northwest and thus be a top 3 seed automatically.

#5 will be between the Grizzlies, Clippers, Lakers I think. I say the Grizz go 5, the Lakers go 6 and the Clippers go 7.

Now the 8th and final spot in the West to qualify for the playoffs. It will come down to the 2nd place team in the Northwest. Whether it be the Nuggets or T-Wolves, I say the Wolves though, the Hornets, Jazz, Warriors, oh and yes. . .Kings. ;)

I say though the Kings get the #8 spot, since they're team is the most complete of the ones I mentioned, and the future is looking really good short-term and I expect them to finish strong at like 43-39 or something like that. But if its the Nuggets they're battling with for 8, I would have to say the Nuggets take it. . .but here is what I say it turns out to be.

#1 seed: Spurs (61-21)
#2 seed: Suns (54-28)
#3 seed: Nuggets (45-37)
#4 seed: Mavs (59-23)
#5 seed: Grizzlies (51-31)
#6 seed: Lakers (47-35)
#7 seed: Clippers (44-38)
#8 seed: Kings (43-39)
-------------------------
#9 seed: Timberwolves (42-40)
#10 seed: Jazz (40-42)
#11 seed: Hornets (39-43)
#12 seed: Warriors (38-44)

Then the rest would be teams like the Sonics, Rockets, Blazers that I honestly don't expect to make much of a run at all, and probably all of those 3 teams will finish under 30 wins this season. Just for the record I say that the Blazers wind up with the worst record in the West this year.

Jon, how do you like my predictions now? ;)
#10 seed:

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I think the Lakers make it that high simply because they got Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson as their coach. But I bet you the Lakers wont make it past the first round, even if they do gotta face either the Timberwolves or Nuggets in the first round. I say they go out in 6.

Anyone here think the Raptors can make the playoffs? They're like 20-31 now, and considering they started like 1-17 that's pretty good I'd say.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Wow, the Raps beat the Blazers by like 35 or somethin the other night. I definetely think they'll make the playoffs now.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Well, the Sixers are 24-26 and currently the 8th seed in the East. The Raptors are 19-32 and 5.5 games back.

Also. . .Chicago, Orlando, and Boston are right around that 8th spot too at the moment.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yes, whatever happens. Make SURE your Kings beat the Bulls when they play. The Bulls are probably the 1 team that's gonna be the biggest pain in the ass for the Raptors to have to contend with for a playoff spot in the longrun.

The Magic and Celtics I think will just fall or not keep up. The 8th spot will come down to Chicago, Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee. Of course 2 of those teams will make it and 2 wont I think.

Oh, they beat the Wolves by 4 last night too. Not a bad team either, so I'm liking how they're doing since that Jalen Rose trade.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yup, I'm gonna be watching it just to see them lose. ;)

The Bulls I knew last year was a fluke. They started 0-12, ended up 47-35 and got blown out by the Wizards in the first round. The Bulls IMO are just like the Magic, a young team that isn't quite ready for the playoffs.

Kings will win though tonight. ;)

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Blank said:
What team did Peja from the Kings trade to?

He got traded from Sacramento to Indiana for Ron Artest. So Peja plays for the Pacers now.

The Raps are in action tonight against the Knicks. Davis vs Rose that should be interesting. Plus the Knicks should be easy picking for the Raps, since the Raps are on a roll and won like 5 of their last 6 now, including 3 straight.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
What's sad is they got Stephon Marbury who is a borderline all-star, Quentin Richardson who may be the best 3-point shooter in the NBA, and they're coached by the legendary Larry Brown.

And they're 14-36 I think or something like that.

Worst team in the NBA? I wouldn't say just yet, but they sure are looking like it, I would say the Blazers or Hawks are the worst team though.

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Hawks at least beat the spurs and pistons recently.

kings lost...they just need to finish games, they didn't score the last 5 minutes and held the grizz scorless too -_-

84-78

the knicks put the wrong talent together...Isaiha thomas is a terrible gm

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
haha yeah Isaiah Thomas is a terrible GM. He used to GM the Raptors, and he brought in guys like Kevin Willis, Hakeem Olajuwon, Antonio Davis, Donyell Marshall, Dell Curry, Muggsy Bogues a few years back in the Vince Carter era, and they all were major busts and he spent all the money and the Raptors I even think that one year in 2000 or something had the highest payroll in the NBA. -_-

The Raptors lost today 98-96 to the Knicks, reason being is that the Raptors just let the Knicks hang around, and in the end Q-Rich burned them.

I also heard that the Raptors are averging the 4th most points in the NBA. I'm assuming the Suns and Mavs are ahead of them, and only 1 other team, maybe the Kings I'm thinking?

Nonetheless that's a good rank.

Rock Lee

Jan 12, 2006
Canada, Ontario
Zenny
Well im routing for Detroit this year to win it all i was hoping the same thing last year too and im hoping for it again. I say Spurs and Pistons going straight to the playoffs.