Man shot 68 times out of 110 rounds fired

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061001/ap_on_...deputy_shooting

(see link for full article)
LAKELAND, Fla. - Officers fired 110 rounds of ammunition at the man suspected of killing a sheriff's deputy, according to an autopsy and records released by the sheriff's office Saturday.

Angilo Freeland — who was suspected of fatally shooting the deputy after being pulled over for speeding Thursday — was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members' shots, the examination showed.

He also was suspected of wounding a deputy and killing a police dog.

<_< Maybe it's just me...I mean I understand he killed one cop, wounded another and killed a police dog(which in our legal system is = to killing a cop) but...<_<;;; they HAD to keep shooting? Even with fully auto SMGs and 4 men shooting, that would mean every one of them nearly emptied their clips. SMGs fire fast, but not so fast that it could pump out that many rounds in the time it takes to kill a man with a gun <_<...I think they just kept shootin' his ass. Guy got what he deserved for taking lives, but sheesh, talk about overkill. Oh, and my favorite quote from the article :

"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said. "We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

Infamous

Jul 30, 2006
Zenny
they missed 42 shots? pfft losers. >_>

they probably shouldn't have wasted that much ammo, i mean really all it takes is one good shot.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
I agree... too much wastage of ammo.. but oh well... they have TONS of ammo :D