MP3 Music

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well guys I had an idea and talked it over with Jamie. The idea is that we should create a few threads of certain genres of music. Otherwords have threads and post links to mp3's and music. I thought it might be a good idea because

#1) Some people are just lazy to d/l music or don't have a p2p program.

#2) Would be that newer music and older hits will be put up, so people are upto date and can get there hands on the song they've been dying for.

#3) This also will help people get into differe types of music, mabye you just like rock or rap and this gives you a chance to flavour other types of music.

The good thing is we aren't doing anything illegal because we will use a file uploading site such as rapidshare or megaupload or something else. If we just post links were okay. So I need to get your input on this.......:confused:

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Like I said, do it man. But I'll move this to the Suggestions area since it'll be easier to get more feedback there I think. But yeah man, great idea all-round. I think it could work good.

Ryan

Feb 24, 2006
Zenny
I got Final Fantasy X, AC and XI (the whole sets) On my PC, if you are into the Final Fantasy Genres for this site I can easily get aload.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well the MP3's won't be places on the site or forums, I have something else in store..... but thanks for letting me know about the FF music. I will let you know once we can upload them to a server.

Zidane

Jan 12, 2006
Southern Indiana
squarereality.com
Zenny
I am going to be straight with you. It's illegal. It's the same thing as a graphic copyright infringment. So as you can guess, I am against it. How do I know this? Read the copyright laws. Plus, if you read sites, they say that "If you don't have the original soundtrack, you must remove the song from your harddrive within 24 hours." So yeah.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Thing is the laws in different countries may vary anyway. I mean its the same as saying that direct downloading is illegal, but how many people do it as Fusion said? Probably at LEAST 50% of people who use the internet on a regular basis download music.

Of course all music as you know that is downloaded is an MP3 file, but I'm sure you guys already knew that.

Zidane

Jan 12, 2006
Southern Indiana
squarereality.com
Zenny
Uchiha Sasuke said:
Thing is the laws in different countries may vary anyway. I mean its the same as saying that direct downloading is illegal, but how many people do it as Fusion said? Probably at LEAST 50% of people who use the internet on a regular basis download music.

Of course all music as you know that is downloaded is an MP3 file, but I'm sure you guys already knew that.

Not necessarily. All of mine are in PSF, which is a different format in itself. But you are right. But "expect the unexpected." As they say.

Xephon

Feb 17, 2006
Scotland
www.squareforums.com
Zenny
Kratos said:
Plus, if you read sites, they say that "If you don't have the original soundtrack, you must remove the song from your harddrive within 24 hours." So yeah.

Called a disclaimer, or "we don't give a crap about you, this message is just to cover our asses".

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah but thats why I don't want to post them here. There is a server I know of owned by someone else in a country where copyright laws don't exist. My plan is to use his server and that way no one can do jack ****. BTW Kratos in Canada we are allowed to p2p share anything. Thats why americans are getting busted by the iraa unlike other countries, where they can't do jack ****

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I hope it goes well do, as for downloading thats the persons decision. I will allow them to download, but when they register, it will say that they are doing this on your own will. At the same time that we take no responcebility, once the user has it on there PC. I am doing this more for music listener, but these days no on is scared or cares about downloading.

California

Tired Eyes
Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Frostmourne said:
The good thing is we aren't doing anything illegal because we will use a file uploading site such as rapidshare or megaupload or something else. If we just post links were okay. So I need to get your input on this.......:confused:
Nitz, I think you're wrong. It's still file sharing. If you put the file on mega upload, people download it, right? That is file sharing, unless they pay for it each time. And file sharing is illegal. The only way it would work is either;

A) We pay for the music, which quite frankly, wouldn't work for our members.
B) Stream the music instead. Ie. not downloading it. Such as what you can do on Windows Media Player.

Zidane

Jan 12, 2006
Southern Indiana
squarereality.com
Zenny
California said:
Nitz, I think you're wrong. It's still file sharing. If you put the file on mega upload, people download it, right? That is file sharing, unless they pay for it each time. And file sharing is illegal. The only way it would work is either;

A) We pay for the music, which quite frankly, wouldn't work for our members.
B) Stream the music instead. Ie. not downloading it. Such as what you can do on Windows Media Player.

Now that's quite the idea there Steven. That would probably work better.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Like I told Steven on MSN. If the server is from a certain country that doesn't have those laws, then we're fine.

Translation: A Canadian server.