MP3 Music

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Actually canadian servers can get shut down I think. It takes longer but since canada and usa are close by it's easier to shut them down. I'm talking about servers in China, or Russia. They are really fast and well USA can't do anything there.

At the same time Steven if your downloading or uploading to a server say in Russia, there laws don't cover copyright. So what ever I'm uploading is okay in there country. Even downloading they don't care but the problem will come when you actuially "have" it on your PC. From then on your responceble for w.e is on your PC.

Also if you don't feel it's safe or your worried no need to sign up for it. It's for people who don't care and just want music. Trust me no one will get screwed over and if you did by the riaa, the worst that can happen is a fine.... usally if you take the music off within they bust you it's all good. However in my case as I'm in Canada I have no worries. The place won't be just only targeting american.... or britains.... but people in asia, other parts of europe etc.....

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
So what kind of music would we have? Ideas please people.

I say we put some good, new music by popular artists like Ashlee Simpson, Kanye West, Fall Out Boy, etc for example.

Rika

Feb 21, 2006
Around the bend
Zenny
I so wish I lived in Canada right now....

As a quote-idea-quote some J-pop would be nice.
I don't know if I would use it though,I live in the USA >.<

California

Tired Eyes
Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Frostmourne said:
Actually canadian servers can get shut down I think. It takes longer but since canada and usa are close by it's easier to shut them down. I'm talking about servers in China, or Russia. They are really fast and well USA can't do anything there.

At the same time Steven if your downloading or uploading to a server say in Russia, there laws don't cover copyright. So what ever I'm uploading is okay in there country. Even downloading they don't care but the problem will come when you actuially "have" it on your PC. From then on your responceble for w.e is on your PC.

Also if you don't feel it's safe or your worried no need to sign up for it. It's for people who don't care and just want music. Trust me no one will get screwed over and if you did by the riaa, the worst that can happen is a fine.... usally if you take the music off within they bust you it's all good. However in my case as I'm in Canada I have no worries. The place won't be just only targeting american.... or britains.... but people in asia, other parts of europe etc.....

Well, if they're the laws over there, then it's all cool.:)

Me? I probably won't be downloading too much music, as I have a lot already, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Green Day, and Snow Patrol.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Arika said:
As a quote-idea-quote some J-pop would be nice.
I don't know if I would use it though,I live in the USA >.<

Even though I really don't listen to much J-Pop. Or anything outside of rock for that matter, I would have to say that seeing as how we are a gaming website, that some J-Pop might be appopriate and a good idea. Especially seeing as how a lotta video games and animes really have familiar J-Pop music.

So good idea for sure.

California said:
Me? I probably won't be downloading too much music, as I have a lot already, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Green Day, and Snow Patrol.

Problem is a lotta people I know dislike Green Day. :( So I dunno if it'd carry over. I personally wouldn't mind Green Day songs on there, but still I dunno a lotta people hate them that I know too. :/

Akamaru

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
Problem is a lotta people I know dislike Green Day. So I dunno if it'd carry over. I personally wouldn't mind Green Day songs on there, but still I dunno a lotta people hate them that I know too. :/

you can jsut have alot of different sections, so everyione is satisfied and if theres a limit issue was can just rotate news songs in the old ones place eever so often.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
True Akamaru, but what do you guys like best? Like what would be the main, featured stuff you'd want above all else? Just for starters kinda thing.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
lol I don't get where this is going? There can be a forums for each genre....... :p it simplfies that easily.... we can make pop, rock, rap, hip hop, metal etc.... all forums for each..... But if you guys are trying to find whats hott then thats cool. I'm just saying we don't need to be super neat because we will have room for everything

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah like I said some people here like pop, some like rock, some like hip-hop, some like game music, etc.

But what do you mean forums? Wouldn't it be on the mainsite? :/

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
lol tsk tsk tsk jamie thats why I posted in the thread way back..... I have plans for it that no one will expect and I won't proceed on with them till the site is up because as I said earlier "its a differ project" ;)

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny
Frostmourne said:
lol tsk tsk tsk jamie thats why I posted in the thread way back..... I have plans for it that no one will expect and I won't proceed on with them till the site is up because as I said earlier "its a differ project" ;)

wow it almost sounds like you know what your talkin about :rolleyes:

as long as there's good rock songs i don't care ^_^

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
The following too:

-Gwen Stefani
-Ashlee Simpson
-Fall Out Boy

Put some of those too. ;)