New Units..New Look

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
that brings me back to a point i forgot to mention, dont u think its wierd how collossus and those flying beams both use lasers but the beams are for single strong units while collosi for swarms of small ones?

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
just different ideas, one is like a focusing magnifying glass, the other is like from war of the worlds, poof, only clothes left o_O

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
It is like UWanaPiec says. The Collossus uses two small sweeping lasers to deal a little bit of damage in a lot of area, pausing only to recharge. The Warp Ray is bigger and heavier and carries it's own Pylon Crystal with it. It just fires away on a stationary target, slowly building power into its weapon. Not all lasers are the same. And then there is the massive Yamato Cannon laser blast. That is just... It's... All I can say is "OWNAGE"!

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
i liked the way it looked in sc better...sc2 seems kinda...etheral.
What does? The Yamato Cannon? I think it looks amazing. Then again, I am more impressed by the way the ships struck by it are reduced to rubble than by the blast itself. I do enjoy the way it seems to bend space around it.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
they do both, they explode, then fall down :p

but ur right, bigger explosion would be cooler, sending the rubble flying really fast and killing all sorts of marines and lings. thats what u wanted right?
(i wouldnt mind it :D)

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Nothing like shrapnel to shred through both sides of an army.

I could see Goliaths being given a self-destruct sequence and set to explode in a blast of searing flames and shredding pieces of metal.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I only said Goliath because the traditional Mech always has a self-destruct sequence or something of the type. Siege tanks are good enough as they are. Goliaths are the ones that could use some help.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
They need to look something like this fan art:

ScreenShot.aspx

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, it is a little different. Another difference is that it has three guns instead of the twin-autocannons. My point, however, is that it would be very easy to redesign a new, cool looking Goliath.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I never really could make out exactly what they were other than legs attached to a cockpit. All I knew was that they had a disinct mech-like feel. I can't say I'm too attached to the old style; I would like to see a new unit with new looks (just as the thread title states).