New Units!!!

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M

check this out:)

blades you were right ARCHONS ARE BACK!!!!!although their attack animation looks horrible....

the carriers are back too, something i was so happy about i was almost in tears. im sorry to say they look a lot smaller now and so are the interceptors...:(

PHOTON CANNONS CAN MOVE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuke::nuke::nuke:

and idk about the soul thingy...its does around the same amount of damage as the same amount of zealots, and it has an attack that looks like the crypt fiend in w3.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I think this video was from early, early production. I should think that the Soul Hunter went on to become the Stalker. Also the graphic quality looks slightly worse than some of the more recent videos. though I could be wrong.

*After further review I see that Stalkers are also in the video and I guess what I thought were 'worse graphics' was just the terran buildings... which I still do not like that much.*

The Twilight Archon... Likely formed from Dark templar + High Templar.

Carriers and Reavers I am overjoyed to see return. Even the Firebats make me giddy... One thing though: All of the Light Protoss units have been gold and all of the Dark protoss units silver. Seeing that the assumed Reaver is silver, does this mean we can expect something new? Maybe new abilities for the Tempest as well. I'm not sure, but I think this brings the balance between the two Protoss factions very close together and maybe even some overlap in the form of the Twilight Archon.

You wanted to see a new Protoss defense? Well, I think Protoss just got one hell of a defensive upgrade.

If you look at the very end I think you can see a disruption web of a stasis field placed upon one of the bunkers. What unit is using this?

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, they are keeping pretty tight wraps on our zergy friends... The only thing we have even seen of structures and creep is in concept art... We have not seen more than 3 units, as of yet, for the Zerg (Zergling, Broodling, Mutalisk). We've only seen 8 for the Terrans (SCV, Marine, Firebat, Reaper, Ghost, Siege Tank, Dropship, Battlecruiser). And for Protoss... more than a dozen I believe (Probe, Zealot, Soul Hunter, Stalker, Immortal, High Templar [?], Twilight Archon, Collosus, Reaver [?], Phoenix, Warp Ray, Tempest, Mothership).

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Did anyone else notice that it looks like they toned down the shields a little? They look more like long bucklers attatched to the shoulders now, rather than the bulky forward ones.

Also, the firebats have jets similar to the reapers... I believe those tanks on the back were meant to hold the fuel for the flamethrower.

Another thing: Near the end, some unit creates a disruption web or a force field around a bunker. What unit can use this? Also, Psionic Storm is back and more bad-ass than ever.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
This video kills me. I WANT ZERG. GARaghhrarghrahgghhrhgrhgrggrg. Ok done ranting. They definately are doing an awesome job with protoss. Exceot for the archons attacks what type of wussy lighting bolt was that?

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, I know. We want to see HUGE SHOCKS OF DEATH!!!!
This is just like a lightning bolt... And not ever a super awesome lightning bolt.

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
Yeah, they are keeping pretty tight wraps on our zergy friends... The only thing we have even seen of structures and creep is in concept art... We have not seen more than 3 units, as of yet, for the Zerg (Zergling, Broodling, Mutalisk). We've only seen 8 for the Terrans (SCV, Marine, Firebat, Reaper, Ghost, Siege Tank, Dropship, Battlecruiser). And for Protoss... more than a dozen I believe (Probe, Zealot, Soul Hunter, Stalker, Immortal, High Templar [?], Twilight Archon, Collosus, Reaver [?], Phoenix, Warp Ray, Tempest, Mothership).

for the zerg bit u forgot the nydus worms:(

im guessing the storm thing was probably the archon attacking a building, maybe a different animation? Yes it does look too wussy...the old archons looked way better. and the reaver i was talking about is seen at the very very end....and i think its a light protoss.

I dont think this was one of the 'older ones' since it was posted in june, so its quite recent.

does anyone have comments on the carrier? i didnt like it a lot, the interceptors and carriers are tiny now, and the carriers dont look like ships so much as a floating pineapple. back when i was still playing starcraft i was wishing that for sc2 they would let the carrier have its own attack, like a self destruct thing like tassadars

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I would consider the Nydus Worm to be a structure since it has no difference from nydus canals as far as I can tell.

I believe that the storm was a Psionic Storm from the high templars around them.

I actually like the new Tempest. For some reason when I look at it, I actually feel like it serves the purpose of 'carrier' better than the originals.

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
i want my zerg, im going to make one of my drones build a hatchery next to blizzard, for some intimidation for faster info.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Sadly, Blizzard keeps Dark Archons posted on their grounds for just such an occasion...

I like how the Tempest is a big hollow that the Interceptors can just emerge from any side of.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
It still has the look of a ship. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but I think it serves its purpose.

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
you call a floating pineapple a look of a ship?

Personally i think the whole thing is dumb. the warp ray is set to replace the carrier (check out its page in the official site) and now they're adding the tempest. everyone loved carriers. on youtube and everywhere they are ALREADY hating the tempest. so whats the point of replacing the carrier with the tempest?

i was sooooo looking forward to carriers in sc2...

and btw, the reaver is most likely to come out now. there's a pic of the reaver under a collosus...and there's various gameplay scenes of it. the reaver has always been my favorite unit in looks because when i was 5 there was this anime cartoon i watched about humans living with wierd animals, the most prominent one looking like huge dark green reavers...