Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well surpiginly my net is fast? Actually I did this at midnight, so I'm sure the speed is a bit slower in the morning or peak hours.

I thought I'd post this, because I am supposed to be upgrading my internet package tomorrow. So I want to test it out again later and see if it actually DID improve or not. It's suppose give me double the speed and 50GB more bandwidth per a month.

Will help me since I game a lot now online.

Fusion-X

Jan 12, 2006
Canada
Zenny

just switched from MTS to Shaw, which is better. but with this cold weather and lots of snow it damaged the active line from out side to the house so speed cut down abit until summer when they can dig up the old line and replace it...

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
damn... well shaw is supposed to be giving me extreme soon. I use high speed right now.. but I'm reducing my cable tv channels to increase my net access. I barley watch any tv now, it's mostly my family at home that watches tv.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
LOL oh man we have crappy net.. all us us FAILED. F-, D-, C LOL look at the grades!

I'm supposed to be getting my net upgraded to a higher speed this week. Hopefully when I test it.. it reaches a higher level.

Although I haven't had major issues with speed lately.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Yeah i'm getting pretty sick of this crappy internet where i live, gonna make a point to move as soon as i can. I grew up on the internet, so it's pretty impossible for me to live without it. xD
I'm lucky I live in the city.. have lots of options. But my folks live in the middle of no where and the net sucks there.. 56K modem LOL... old skool!

No cable there and satelite internet is epic expensive!

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
So I got my new net up last day.

1219389462.png

My download speed is showing at what it SHOULD be 15mbps and 1mpbs for my upload.

Got a B+ rating. Although last time I tested above my download speed was higher, but my upload speed was lower.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Looks like I got lucky!

My ISP decided to INCREASE everyone's speed on the plan I have from 15mpbs to 25mpbs and 1mpbs Up to 2mbps UP.

Pretty good! Although I did a few tests and never reached 25. I did get more than 15. But my downstream always seems to be at 2 or more.

Either way I can't complain much :D

1301261991.png

pongada

Aug 6, 2013
Zenny
Hi,
I am having am using 5MBps internet connection in which my internet speed is
Download :4.031Mbps(0.25MBps)
Upload :1.854Mbps(0.11MBps)
I got these results from this Internet speed test site Scanmyspeed.com .

Last edited:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Wow.. been awhile since I posted my new speed test. Same ISP, but it's gotten much faster in what 2 years now.

here are my recently results!

2888083890.png

I could get double that for another $10 bucks or so. But for now I'm good and happy with my net connection.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
HA! it's funny you should say that! Cause my girlfriend's brother forgot to delete a few torrents and we got a letter from our ISP saying if he downloads illegal shit again, they'll cut us off.

Apparently they trace the uploaders if it's going for too long.
Wow that's hardcore! I've never seen ISP's crack down like that.. I heard my ISP started to just throttle speeds and lower people's upload speeds to slow torrents down. But when you got 100+ seeders that won't make a difference haha

Lucas

Oct 2, 2022
Zenny
Personally, I don't care about checking my internet speed because I know very well that it is very fast when it comes to uploading and downloading stuffs on the internet. I've never had any kind of slow network challenges ever since I started using the telecommunication company I'm using right now.