Protoss - Invisible Carrier Fleet

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Heh, that's a better word for it. If anything were to have plant aspects to it, it would have to be Zerg, though, with their crazy evolutions.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I would think you would only need one. One Observer can make a whole lot of difference in a fight when Ghosts with lockdown and Wraiths are present.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
nope, enough to make all turrets go wacko.

from imaslavemidget:
if u place an observer directly over a turret for the terrans, it will spin out of control trying to shoot the little bugger, and be virtually useless...

or sumthing like that

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I'm not sure that this works... Placement between air and ground has always been a bit odd (The shadow of the unit is not actually the spot it is above. It is considered above the actual part of the map it is above.) and it is kind of hard to get something exactly over a structure, but I think turrets can still hit their mark almost every time.

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
i dont think only one would be enough...i saw a sick play where there was a carrier fleet with a observer group of like 5 or 6, the carrier fleet went ahead a little leaving the observers, the terrans comsat the area, flare all the observers, and the protoss player loses 8 carriers to cloaked wraiths.

even without medics, rest assured that the opponent will probably go for the observers first if they are using stealth.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Wow, that is some pretty intense action right there. i love to watch amazing turn arounds where you think you thought of everything and they just blow your strat to hell. I can't even be mad at that.

So, what you're saying is, no matter how many observers there are the oponents can always take them out...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
It all depends on information. A single scanner sweep from a Terran can tell so much. You can basically know the exact route to counter what you see.

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
true, thats why sides with those kind of scanning abilities have the easiest time countering if they use it well.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Overlords and Observers can be just as important to maintaining information on enemies. And zerg have an Overlord from the very beginning.

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
true i have a great deal of information, from my 2 mph hour overlord. by the time i get speed upgrade he has anti-air.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
lol, oh yeah. Some blinding speed on that overlord. The only use they really can serve early game is to locate the opponent's base... and then start the long journey back safety...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Then it is time to move out before someone gets lit up. And I can guarantee that Overlord is scaring no one.