RE4 Weapons Discussion

H-F Blade

Jan 20, 2006
Zenny
Discuss the weapons of RE4 here. What firearms do you have in your attach case right now?

I have:
Chicago Typewriter
Semi-Automatic Rifle
Striker (fully upgraded with exclusive)
P.R.L. 412 (as needed)

Best weapons of each class (imo):
Handguns - Red9. Because of the exclusive, you can get a firepower of 5+. Attach a stock and aiming is much easier. Why use anything else?

Shotguns - Striker. Though it is a wideshot gun, it is the most powerful of the shotguns with a damage rating of 12. And the exclusive grants you a 100 round capacity. It's hard to run out of ammo if you're not just randomly shooting everywhere.

Rifles - Semi-Automatic. It may not be as powerful as the bolt action one, but if you need to pick off multiple targets really quickly at long range, this is definitely the better choice.

Magnums - Broken Butterfly. Power exceeds that of the Killer 7 and you won't be using magnums all that often anyway because ammo for it is so rare.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I got the Red9 fully powered and the exclusive one, I got Striker almost fully upgraded, as well as the TMP. I got a Semi-Automatic Rifle that didn't get upgraded totally that much yet, same deal with the Killer 7.

I don't got the Infinite Rocket Launcher, nor the Chicago Typewriter yet though.

H-F Blade

Jan 20, 2006
Zenny
If you complete Separate Ways you'll have access to Chicago Typewriter in the main game. It's well worth the 1 million pesetas considering you can simply just chuck out your pistol and maybe shotgun once you have it. It's a really powerful fully automatic weapon. I'm playing on pro mode right now and I have yet to meet an enemy that can survive more than 2 hits. Either that or I never noticed. lol

H-F Blade

Jan 20, 2006
Zenny
Nah, I have yet to try it on a boss. But I'm sure it does a lot of damage to them too. I'm just having too much fun wasting them in 1-2 hits with the PRL. lol

H-F Blade

Jan 20, 2006
Zenny
Weapons Trivia

Red9 - The Red9 is actually a Mauser C-96 which was originally used by the German army in WWI and WWII.

Chicago Typewriter - It's actually a Thompson. It was a submachine gun that was used by the U.S. army in WWII.

H-F Blade

Jan 20, 2006
Zenny
It's probably a shoutout to that movie then. :p

Has anyone ever wondered why just about every weapon in the game has a laser sight? I thought it was rather peculiar that even shotguns had laser sights because they normally don't. Since shotguns are close range weapons you normally don't need to focus so much on precision rather than just making sure that the blast hits the target because of the spread factor. And if you look close to the original 12-gauge shotgun in the game, there's no laser sight on it. They're normally fitted onto handguns, sniper rifles, and various automatics (like the MP-5).

death wish

Apr 19, 2006
Zenny
man i cant get the strong wepons but i tryd alot of times ... but right now the wepons i got is the mine thrower fully powered, the simauto rifle almost powerd fully, the miltelda fully powered, and the riot gun fully powered :) i think theses are good guns too but i been trying to get the wepon when u beat profestional difoculty......if anyone can help me give me a shout thx....

H-F Blade said:
It's probably a shoutout to that movie then. :p

Has anyone ever wondered why just about every weapon in the game has a laser sight? I thought it was rather peculiar that even shotguns had laser sights because they normally don't. Since shotguns are close range weapons you normally don't need to focus so much on precision rather than just making sure that the blast hits the target because of the spread factor. And if you look close to the original 12-gauge shotgun in the game, there's no laser sight on it. They're normally fitted onto handguns, sniper rifles, and various automatics (like the MP-5).

i cant figur out y they always have a laser but they do help you kill the enimeys faster with the shotgun

Last edited: