Resident Evil Sub-Forum?

Should there be a Resident Evil sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Okay, since it seems there's quite a few of us here who love RE, as you can tell how big the RE thread has gotten in such short time, I was thinking since really the KH and SO forums have been kinda silent, yet they got sub-forums, why not give RE its own sub-forum too and edit the Square-Enix forum and just call it "Popular Game Titles" or something like that.

What do you guys think? Should there be a Resident Evil sub-forum or not?

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Once the sites is up and all, I think we should have forums for the most popular games and such or just forum's by the game company like S.E. and Konami...

But sure on the forum, take away the SO one it's dead.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
The SO one was mainly Derek's demand, and he's at this point well. . .long gone and probably never coming back. But yeah I was gonna re-name the whole Square-Enix forum "Popular Game Titles" as I said. But the SO one. . .I'm gonna give that one a bit more time. If it becomes dead for longer I will remove it and add in some more popular titles that are backed by more popular demand so to speak.

Fullmetal Alcoholic

Jan 13, 2006
In my holding cell
Zenny
I don't really care :\ However, I gotta say I like the "Popular Game Titles" deal.

I know there's also quite a few fans of:

Super Smash Bros.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Metal Gear Solid
Grand Theft Auto

Just a few extra suggestions ;)

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, I could probably reduce the FF sub-forums and make it into just a normal forum, or even sub-forum under "Popular Game Titles" or something.

Al, those are okay, but Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, or any of the ones you named I don't think needs its own forum, or is big enough among members to need one.

The only 2 really I think do are the Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean (borderline though), and possibly Resident Evil. Metal Gear Sold, Sonic, GTA I dunno man. :/

As Xephon said, we wouldn't want too many forums or sub-forums that aren't even gonna be posted in that much either.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Kitsune Inferno said:
Well, I think since our forum originally was based off FF6, FF in its own right deserves slightly bigger focus. :\

Yeah, but that was then and this is now. That was on Invisionfree almost a year ago, and well. . .times changed. :/

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Yup this isn't an FF site/forum it's a general gaming forum...but when we get more members we should determine what games should get thier own forum, most popular and for other games one forum.

I'd say one forum per game series is enough, any more ala 10 ff forums would make us an FF forum...it would contrdict the main site if it's that way, I want a general game forum...too many ff forums, it just gets boring.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I agree with all of those George, but MGS is borderline on this as I said. . .I don't want it to turn into a big cemetary like the Star Ocean forum did, even though 2-3 members were dying for me to put it in. :/

EDIT: I agree with ya Jon, that's why I'm likely gonna do some editing to the FF forums very shortly. Shortly as in the next couple days if the members think I should go ahead and do it, as I think you're right on this. This is a general gaming forum, not a FF forum. To the viewers eye, right now we look like a Square-FF forum. Even though we're not. :/

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
True, true.
I'm a MGS fan, I would be all for it, I know you probably would too, as would George and maybe a couple others who like it.

But here's what I was thinking.

Final Fantasy forums get merged into one forum only called "Final Fantasy" then the Square-Enix forum gets removed and in comes the "Popular Game Titles" forum. Where there it will feature Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts we know those 2 games for sure above all else got fans that will post about it no matter what. Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid can be on the outside looking in to so speak. If members want it, I'll give it to them as long as its not just 1 person. Heck maybe even if I made a category for it or something and the FF, KH, RE, MGS forums if made could be like on the main page instead of a sub-forum?

I dunno, what you all think?