Reviving The RP Section

Terra

Apr 30, 2006
Sunset Horizons
khcentral.kh-united.com
Zenny
The RP section has hit a slump in which no one seems to be RPing. Many people (i can name at least 5) are upset about this and want something to be done. Are there any suggestions? Post them here. This problem may be due to a lack of members, but thats not the case here as members join RPs....

Jing

The King Of Bandits
I do hope i am in those 5 terra..... Cause right now im really kind of stressed about this subject. WE NEED PEOPLE TO KEEP RPING AND STAY WITH THE ONES THEY JOIN. Thats all i can think of. The Problem is not joining the rps, but people sticking with them. Until we fix that problem we will never have an active rp section.

Kissui Tensai

Aug 13, 2006
I'm harrassing RPGirl everywhere she goes =D.
myspace.com
Zenny
Don't worry about this to heavily, you can't blame most of our roleplayers for being absent. We really need a lively and active ongoing role-play to really test everyone. Keeping it down to just ONE thread is boring. I am a pretty decent experience RP'er from within the basis of a years time and I could no doubt put together a massive role-play with some thought.

However...

This consumes a lot of time so We'd need to open a suggestion thread for the 'Ongoing role-play' construction. With contribution to the build up, we'd know what goes on, how to set it up, and how to place it in action.

Any questions?

~KenT~

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
I have notice this not just hear but at other forums. I notice that when the RP has long post ppl give up. As tacky as it looks one sentence to 5 sentense post are more likely to get ppl staying in an RP. Also maybe doing something simple such as....FFX-RP's or even KH-RP's would be good. Or a moive RP. Stuff that is oringinal unless it has promise of blood, sex and violence doesnt appeal to the mass. Just some ideas.

Last edited:

Jing

The King Of Bandits
T_T i hate short posts.... as in 1 to 2 sentence posts.... It makes me feel like you didn't even put any effort at all into what you were doing... if thats all we are down to then we just might as well be posting in the spam section...

And as for what you said about original Roleplays, i have had much success in the past with original roleplays, however we have reached a summer slump as it seems that all forums have from what your telling me.

And I guess i am just weird compared to everyone else then... i love long posts with lots of detail... and don't frequent the threads where you have to be a character from a game or something because you can't play the character how you want without people yelling at you cause " Your playing it wrong and that character would never do that" I guess i like original cause it gives me a lot more freedom to rp.... are you saying that everyone else prefers to be tied down with lots of rules and standards you have to live up to in the rp? Cause thats all i am getting from this....

Terra

Apr 30, 2006
Sunset Horizons
khcentral.kh-united.com
Zenny
I agree with Jing. It doesn't matter how much ppl post, but the quality of their posts. 1-5 sentences is, like Jing said, showing no effort. Honestly, i feel thats boring. Although reading them all if you were away for a week is a pain, the longer the posts, the better the RP.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny

Did that catch your attention? Do you want to know why I put that picture there? Be honest, was your eye drawn to that picture and in curiosity did it cause you to read this sentence?....no?.......then how come your still reading....im still typing...and your still reading...(This is an example)

well, some of the things that I love to do when I RP is to give pictures describing some of the things im talking about, so if you just threw in a pic every once in a while that wasnt a link to another page (which means the pic is actually seen on the post like a sig) then perhaps people would become more interested in seeing what that picture meant

so now that you know my idea, time to tell you what that picture meant, if you havent guessed it. To show you how your drawn to pictures more than words why? because all text is usually the same old boring style. your eye is drawn to unusual colors and shapes, so if you are one character and someone else is another how about trying to use unusual fonts and colors if you dont have a picture to put. Add some color, add some life.

Last edited:

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
I hate one sentence post to but 40 to 70 sentences are too much. What about a happy middle? And Riddlin that is a great idea. Putting a picture in or even like we did on the FFX RP, make Sig's with your character pic.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well I noticed people have become discouraged in participating on RP's.. just because a lot of the RPer's are gone or just don't hang around anymore.. which mabye means we need to attract more RPer's elsewhere..

I'm actually wanting to make a story of a a new RP, mabye in 2 weeks when im done school.. But otherwise, we still need to gather more people..

Jing

The King Of Bandits
Blah Like i said... i love long posts.. and shorter posts discourage me ...70-100 sentences for me is like " Yay someone put a lot of effort into their post" But of course, if all of those sentences are boring and undetailed, just rambling on about something that doesnt really matter, then yea it sucks. " Johny couldn't choose weather to wear a red or green shirt" for 70 sentences is just a waste of space...

I will try to not to post so long T_T but there will be those times from time to time when i get the urge and can't control it, but not too often...

Like i said, i am weird.... and in my 5 years of rping * very short years at that* i have just become used to posting long detailed posts. And as for what Terra said, about getting behind and having to read up, yea it does suck, but it just encourages me not to get behind and stay with it. Now i understand that sometimes people go on vacation or such, and that is ok theres nothing wrong with that. But the problem now is people just are not sticking with it, and therefor ruining it for the rest of us...

Lastly.... lol I don't think i have ever seen someone use a picture or colored text in any rps i have been in, so this is a first for me.... but maybe its a good idea... who knows...guess we just have to try everything at least once.

Oh and we need more peoples too like nitz said, that way we are able to have a variety of rps, for those who post shorter, and for those who post longer : ) I think thats the best idea of all here.

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
Its ok Jing....Just make it interesting. BTW: I just made a FFX-RP. POlease join or i will haunt you the rest of your life. MUHAHAHAHAH!!!

Edit: Why is templates and The RP in the same thread. That irks me to no end. Maybe we can have a registration forum and a RP forum separated.

Demon_Eyes Kyo

He holds the triforce of power
May 22, 2006
in a little place called "my own little world"
Zenny
Back to that original RP idea, i think that could work really well. I mean, KH and FF Rp's are good, but I myself feel that we need something allitle more open to ides, insted of stemming off of an unoriginal one.

I've been working on a book, well novel for a bit now, but have hit a major wall in my way of completeing it, my ideas just aren't flowing anymore, and I was thinking of maybe turning it into an RP. It's really, pretty darn open, and I think I could make it a bit more enjoyable with some help. Anyone interested can PM me and I'll tell you the basic story from my eyes and you can add to it, while still keeping it open enough that pretty much every character can have their own plot, while still keeping to the main storyline.

And the color post/ pic thing is a great idea too, I tried it for a couple of posts once (the color thing), but didn't think it would really make a difference until now. And I agree with most of you, I hate one-liner posts (1-5 sentences). Yes I do it sometimes, but only if I absolutely don't have the time or can't think of anything at all. I try to make all my posts atleas 2, if not 3 paragraphs long.

Last edited:

Terra

Apr 30, 2006
Sunset Horizons
khcentral.kh-united.com
Zenny
Yes....1 liners are only useful in one liner RPs....and it seems a lot more ppl are getting into RPing now. what if we had a manditory RP in which every GPer must join.....even those who dont RP......it would give ppl a chance to RP for the very first time, and share ideas and helpful hints as to how to make their posts better. There aren't that many ppl on who visit consistantly so it wouldn't be too much ppl......then ppl would see how much fun RPing is, if they're not good they'd learn, and maybe join real RPs in the future....

or maybe, going back to the idea i said before about contests.....(as no one really paid attention to that) we could have like top RPer......most posts in a single RP.....most popular RP......most detailed post, stuff like that....that would attract ppl to post more

Lawliet

Jan 14, 2006
Albuquerque
Zenny
Rp's has alway been an issue here. The reason why I believe is because once we get one started and going, some of the same members who join the RP go and make other RP's then we end up with like 10 -15 rp's at the same time, which we can't keep up with all of them.

Just make one good one and stick with it. Maybe when that one ends or simply decided to be stopped then start a new one.

Plenty of good ideas here so I can see we might get somewhere.

As for long very long posts not for me.... not to short and not to long will do.. i'm not just about to sit here and read a book for me to get into my next post forget it.

But the most reason why we always fail on RP's because activity or giving up to soon.

I hope it picks up and we can have some fun with it... but it has always been like this tru out the years only hope remains.

Lalaith

Feb 13, 2007
In my filed of paper flowers
Zenny
Yes, that was my problem. When I join here, in less then a mounth I was asked to join 4 or 5 RP's. And obviously I don't have so much free time so I had to give up. And now I'm in only one, which is one of the best in my opinion. Yet, I still fight with lack of time to post because I'm one of those who enjoys writting and reading long and detailed posts. Problem is I can't find time to write them lately.

So Yeah, I think we should have less RP's and gather all RP'ers to one or two good RP's. Because we don't have many.

Lots of RP's will make sense when we have many RP'ers with different RP'ing interests.