Slice and Dice

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, I think Hydralisk is a bit of a stretch there... I would call them medium range support if anything. There is no other unit quite like it.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
cus they are simalar costing, mid-health, early game, ranged attack, mid-damage, all around pretty good units that dont take much teching.

but yeah, bad refrence, well go with medium range-support...

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
yeah no unit in the game has matched the hydralisk in terms of cost effective, and supporting role, and they are the undisputed backbone of the zerg army.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I'm not sure Hydralisks have any true equivalent. Dragoons and Marines are certainly not interchangeable with the hunters.

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
I watched a match once were this guy pwned just using hydralisk. I watched this noob game once were he lost because he neglected hydralisk. The hydralisk is the symbol of the zerg army.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Hydralisks are a sort of upgrade from the Marine. They have higher attack power and more hit points, but I think they may have lower speed (without the Hydralisk Upgrade), lower attack speed, and shorter range (after the Marine Upgrade), and higher cost than Marines.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Maybe. Either way, a single Hydralisk always kills a single Marine unless circumstances favor the Terran.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
If were gonna talk about the symbolic unit for zerg. What about maxxing out your supply with 400 zerglings! The single best reason to play world's fastest map.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
Lets hope I dont kill this by getting back on topic, but wat about the animation for some of the spells. Marines gripping their head in pain as a Dark Archon Mind controls it. A zergling body glowing and exploding as a irridation hits it. How about plague on a group of terran infantry watching peices of there body rot and fall to pieces.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
why would they glow from iradiate? i thought it was a biological weapon, you know, like a desease, is it radiation or something?

and yeah, thats a good idea, instead of exploding no matter what kills them... (although i will miss those marine explosions...)

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Always was kinda funny that everything explodes regardless of the cause of death. It's GoW all over again! Don't worry though: The nice puddles of blood will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside once again. they can't get too graphic with the deaths because they want to keep a Teen rating.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
have you ever irradiated one of your own science vessels and flown it over a swarm of lings? I HAVE :D. its not pretty.... for them.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
You've told me about this but I have never seen it. I don't know that it works, but I see no reason for it not to. This is truly a fiendish tactic.