Something old, something new, something borrowed...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Dark archons don't seem to win the hearts of many. Most would agree that the dark templar itself is a better unit. I think, in the right hands, Maelstrom is devastating, especially used in tandem with Psionic Storm. Feedback can help in rare occasions. Mind control, while the most popular ability, may actually be it's least useful. But that all changes when the Carriers/Battlecruisers/Guardians arrive.
Still, Maelstrom works wonders with Psionic Storm.

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
mind controlling workers isnt practical. u have to devote resources and time just to open up the new tech tree to get your new units. i agree maelstrom is sick, i saw a huge crowd of devourers get stromed and a bunch of archons came out of nowhere and fried them all.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
If you watch some replays from the world tornaments of starcaft there is one instance where a guy uses his dwindling fleet of Carriers to lure a massive army of Devourers over an incredibly large array of photon cannons and maelstroms all of them in place. It looked amazing.

There was also an example of four dark archons enslaving four carriers in quick succession and turning them back on thier builder.

deno70

Jun 11, 2007
Zenny
just thinking, with all the ideas we make for te game, do the makers ever look at forums like this for ideas???

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Well, this is an unofficial forum. Maybe they skim through the official forums, but probably not this one.

Imaslavemidget

Jun 14, 2007
Zenny
Well, i'm sure if we had some big idea they needed to change or fix, I simple email with a link would almost serve as a petition. *cough*Marines and Shields *cough*

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Have you made it your puropse in life to create a vendetta against the shields? You realize that they have toned them down already, right?

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
toned down doesnt mean gone. I'm all for the shields to go away forever. according to some sources shields would be an upgrade to increase marine hit points. i personally think the whole idea is dumb. since when did ANYONE like marines with shields? added with the bayonet, they look more like footmen from wc3 now...

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
yeah blizzard is very dependable and has a better public image to gamers than a certain other company...

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
which is?

and im guessing the shield will be gone. blizzard reacts to public opinion to make their games. and since everyone i know is unanimously voting that the shield is crap, blizzard will take it out. i hope.