PS3 Sony Reveals PS3 Motion Controller

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
E3 2009: Sony Reveals PS3 Motion Controller
Sony's new controller works hand-in-hand with Playstation Eye.
by Jim Reilly

US, June 2, 2009 - Sony threw their motion controller hat into the gaming ring this afternoon. To compete with Nintendo's Wii-mote and Microsoft's recently announced "Project Natal," Sony revealed the Playstation Motion Controller at their E3 press conference.

A demonstration team took the stage and showed off a new controller that works in conjunction with the Playstation Eye. The controller is shaped pretty much like the Wii-mote, but the end is a glowing purple ball which the Playstation Eye uses to track your motion.

The video displayed on your TV will replace the controller in your hand with, for example, a virtual tennis racquet or a golf club. The team said it's true 1:1 motion tracking.
They showed other possible uses for it, like a first-person tank game where you'll use your arms to aim to fire on an archery shooting range.

E.V.

Jul 5, 2006
Miami
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
So it's an attempt to be like the Wii. Of course this means that now the people who said how lame the Wii is are going to be like "OMG PS3 GOTZ DA MOTION CENSOR!!!111!" and find some new reasons to dis the Wii. Sony should just accept that Nintendo is better and go back to making TVs and DVD players.

DevilsCry

Oct 11, 2006
In TLS's Room
Zenny
So it's an attempt to be like the Wii. Of course this means that now the people who said how lame the Wii is are going to be like "OMG PS3 GOTZ DA MOTION CENSOR!!!111!" and find some new reasons to dis the Wii. Sony should just accept that Nintendo is better and go back to making TVs and DVD players.

/disagree

Sony is better then Nintendo. Nintendo just changed their range from gamers to family style, thats their success. As for most people, the wii will only come out of the box when there is a party over to play.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Dont think they can get close to the Wii.
The PS and the Wii are just two completly different things.
hmmm I dunno, I saw the one Microsoft is making and it's BETTER than wii and you don't even NEED a controller. It all moves by your body actions....

I don't see why PS can't make something similar to wii?

what would hold them back from doing this?