what happened to the...

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
what happened to the characters from the player perspective?(meaning the new cerebrate, the magistrate and the executor)

i mean, the magistrate did more than raynor, and he escaped with raynor after defecting from sons of korhal, but yet the group that escaped was called raynor's raiders. does that mean that the magistrate died while escaping...?

i think the cerebrate survived. it was with kerrigan till the last lvl of the expansion, and kerrigan won, and the brood didnt go insane.

idk about the executor, maybe he died with fenix...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
The player character is basically an anonymous entity that vanishes from the anals of history afte the events...

This is a very interesting thought though. I never really gave this more than a passing glance.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
all they really were to me were a way to explain who is controlling crap, instead of a kid at his computor...

but ur right, they should have appeared in the story more...

FatAlbert

Feb 10, 2006
Zenny
don't know about magistrate with the Ued, Zerg, and toss fighting terrans, plus you played as a new one in brood war. You plyed as same executor in brood war but his existence is questionable with all the chaos that happend after his campaign. Araq is alive for sure, he was in both, and led the victory in the final battle. Unless blizz says something happened to him he should still be alive for sure. even if he is just in the background.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I think all of the player characters kinda just faded out of history and recognition at the end of their respective story lines...

I hope we see a return of this style of gameplay. It was a very unique perspective.

smiley170

Feb 11, 2006
Zenny
One of the coolest thing in games is when you get feedback later-on, on something you did earlier in the game ( like in Oblivion or Fable, where people talk about quests that you finished "Hey, did you hear about Twinblade? His camp was ransacked and he was found dead in the middle of his tent." ).

They could get something like this in the briefings for Starcraft II, like if earlier on you released a planet from Zerg infestation while playing as Terran, then the Zerg will say "We shall find the Magistrate who slayed our brood and wreak vengeance upon his army."

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
No, not the heroes. I mean the actual executor, cerebrate, and magistrate that you, the player, played as.

UWanaPiecAMeBoy

Jun 4, 2007
Zenny
they weren't really fighters... a blob, a politician, and one general w/out a marine suit... im sure they were sittin in a luxurious room and smokin acigars while their peeps got torn to shreds...

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
Makes me think of the opening cutscene of Broodwar where the guy sits in his Battlecruiser while the battle rages on below.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
The guy was just there to show his subordinate the destructive power of the Zerg. He cared nothing for the helpless infantry being slaughtered down below.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
And spend all that time landing a Battlecruiser? And allowing the inevitable zergling damage? It would be a waste of time to save a few ex-convicts conscripted into service.

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
All of these troops are just expedable lackeys. It was a cheap way to start a colony with people that were doomed to death anyways.