2006 Winter Olympics

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, this is the thread to discuss whats going on in the 2006 Winter Olympics, which are currently underway in Torino, Italy.

Which event(s) are you most looking forward too, etc?

I'm mainly looking forward to the hockey. Team Canada looks good as always. No Spezza, Staal, or Crosby. But I still think they should be good enough to win Gold. Especially with Turco, Luongo, Brodeur as their 3 goalies.

Also Canada has like 7 medals so far if I'm not mistaken. Mainly all Silver and Bronzes though I believe.

So yeah, discuss the winter olympics here. ;)

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Apparently some guy from California won the gold medal for snowboarding, I was like eh? wtf. They don't even got snow over there. :p

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I agree with Xephon here kinda. I only watch for the men's hockey and the medal standings to see if Canada won a medal in any other event I don't care for. :p

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
well womens canada hockey team will go to finals prolly with usa like always. As for the mens hockey team I think they have to win, they have good goalie's so if one is not doing well we have another good guy.

Our defence is pretty strong though if we had jovanoski and neidamayer we might be a little stronger. Our offence is pretty strong though like Jamie said there are a few guys that could have played instead of the older guys.

Next canada game is tomrw morning :D

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, they play the Swiss. Swiss had a huge upset win against the Czech yesterday, so I wouldn't take Swiss lightly. Though an early prediction by me says that Canada will win 6-2 over the Swiss. :D

Jechtsphere

Jan 13, 2006
[Stealth]
www.dark-essence.net
Zenny
Snowboarding is really popular here though lol, we don't have to go far to find snow.

Female snowboarder blew a sure gold when she was showing off or something and fell -_-

she got stuck with silver.

funny last i checked U.S. had no bronze and one of the most golds.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I'm really disapointed right now the Canada VS SUI. Just finished and I dunno wtf to say except that the game was ****ing bull****. Refs made BS calls, too many penalties and Canada just didn't have the adrenalin to play today........ The Swiss finally beat us after never winning a game against us..... this is a sad day for all canadians.......:(

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Nitz said:
I'm really disapointed right now the Canada VS SUI. Just finished and I dunno wtf to say except that the game was ****ing bull****. Refs made BS calls, too many penalties and Canada just didn't have the adrenalin to play today........ The Swiss finally beat us after never winning a game against us..... this is a sad day for all canadians.......:(

Yeah man, I mean they gotta get this win against Finland or they could sadly be ****ed. And Steve Moore will be staring down with that evil laugh if we do. :(

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, for so long it was always Canada and the USA that were dominant at hockey, then Russia became good, then even Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic did, now it looks as if Switzerland is getting good now.

What's next? Kazakhstan gets good and beats Canada or the US?

In other news, Canada is 4th in the medal standings with 12. :D

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Norway is in 1st with 14. Only 1 gold medal though, Swiss is second with 13, as is the US and Germany with 13 each, and Canada is at 12.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
USA wont win the mens hockey. Sorry to any americans, but nah I think Russia, Czech, Sweden, even Switzerland now have a better chance then the USA to win it. Not to mention Canada of course. ;)