2006 Winter Olympics

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Well, we lost 2-0 to Russia today and we lost it because Pat Quinn is a ****ing tool and doesn't know how to coach a team properly obviously. He's made the Leafs who were cup favorites at least 5 out of the last 8 or 9 years but he never got them into the Finals, let alone the Stanley Cup before. And their assistant is Flyers coach, Ken Hitchcock, who if there was 1 man who was as big of a choker as Pat Quinn, its him.

Everything went wrong, Gagne got hurt, the lines they made were ****ed up. Nothing went well at all.

And that Thornton goal that they disallowed was bull**** too. I can't believe this.

I'm so pissed off. I hope Finland takes out Russia in the semis and takes the whole thing now.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Yep I watched the game and when it ended still couldn't believe we lost and I think were cursed because we lost in that same ice rinks 3 times and with the same score 2-0 always......

I think that disallowed goal should have counted? I don't get the ****in referee's at the end give equal penalties for no reason so it even's things out so why disallow our goal. The ****in ref saw it and just didn't call it. He says its a goal blows the whistle and says nooo...... make up your decision.....****tard

I gotta hand it to Russia though they played good half of the time they were in our zone and wouldn't let us get out. I really think someone should beat gretzky on the head with a bat...... 1st off he should have left NASH I can't believe he picked people like nash, richards. He should have gotten crosby and spezza instead.

Think about it the more guys he has that have chemisty togethor the better it is for team canada. Heatly and Spezza have the best chemistry together and I know Crosby was watching the game thinking GOD ****ING GRETZKY WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK ME, after Overchkin scored I'm sure Crosby wishes he was there.

I'm pretty sure in 2010 when the Olympics come here in my province that Sakic won't be playing and lets hope Gretzky and his crew make a good choice..... As Jamie said we need another Coach, one thats gone to the stanley cup a few times.

I'm not sure what else to say, I am pretty disapointed with the game. I think Bertuzzi will be taking the most out of this as his penalty costed us a goal. Prongers penalty at the end also costed us a goal.

I knew Russia was going to score sooner or later I mean **** if your giving them power plays sooner or later there gonan get one in...... I just had a feeling thing okay guys you've given them so many power plays and the goalie can only block so many shots as same for the defence.

I can go on about this game all I can say is this game was not grade (A) play at all, seemed like guys were slacking and long passes were intercepted so on....... I wonder what Gretzky will be saying after he said at his last press conference....." we lost we need to work on it but were gonna win"....... yeah right......

Anyways theres 4 more years to wait and by then I'll be a little more reved up since the games will be here and I'm sure the hockey game will be in our stadium which is close by my house. Let's just hope players get better and that we win next time..........

*tears his team canada poster* untill 2010...........

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, IMO Flames coach Darryl Sutter shoulda been the head coach, not ****in Pat Quinn who sucks. Give Pat Quinn the Flames team and I bet ya they aren't even .500 right now. Point is, Darryl Sutter is a great coach, Pat Quinn isn't. Gretzky shoulda realized this. And for assistant, I woulda put Wild coach Jacques Lamiere myself.

And yeah, so many guys slacked off so badly. I mean Nash, Heatley, Iginla, Sakic, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Richards, Lecavalier, St. Louis the list goes on.

The only guys who played decent were guys like Thornton, Doan, and the goaltenders really.

Like I said at the beginning, its a huge risk leaving guys like Crosby, Staal, Spezza off the olympic team. Proof of how Canada played all olympics after the second game proves it too.

2010 they definetely gotta win Gold. To prove that it was simply lack of chemistry, bad coaching, or just not trying this year. Because the fact that we shoulda won Gold, and NOTHING less is sad. We aren't even gonna get a Bronze now even. >.>

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I'm more pissed off with the disallowed goal, that was clearly a goal and could have even things out. Because of that Canada's momentum dropped and well it was more of a rush and pressure thing.

I feel more sorry for Bertuzzi I know at the moment hes prolly taking it hard inside knowing his penalty led to their loss. If it wasn't him and someone else had taken a penality same thing to them. I'm a Bertuzzi fan but now...... well...... I still like the guy but I hope hes learned a lesson from today.

Do not take bad penalties.... I mean comeon guys !!! if you look at the end of the game with the empty net Pronger had to take the penalty or it was a empty net shot for the guy but atleast 50% of the penalties team canada took were unneccessary.. Although 2010 they HAVE to win its in Canada and in Canada we have to win..... I feel really bad now because I was looking to see team canada atleast get a medal now we are never going tp be the top 3 countries with most medals......

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
I have a feeling that Russia will probably take the Gold. I'd say that Czech gets the Silver and that Finland gets the Bronze.

Because Alexander Ovechkin seriously has to be just about the fastest guy on skates and best stick handler that I may have ever seen in my life. And that's saying a lot.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I woulda have loved to see Ovechkin playing and Crosby on our team I know they'd be battling each other like crazy for a goal + they both would be more motivated seeing there both new guys and all

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Anytime you see Ovechkin and Crosby on the ice at the same time it's something special. It woulda been a lot better if it was Canada vs Russia when they faced off, because the teams they play for now, sadly enough may be the 2 worst teams in the NHL. :/

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah + I dunno sometimes the younger newer guys bring the spark and momentum the team needs.... in russia's case Ovechkin did it and our case our Crosby was back in Canada sitting on his couch thinkin you better be happy ****in Gretzky for not picking me you assole!!!!

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
wait till 2010!!!!! like fusion would say " I promise you..... REVENGE!!!!" well not to Germany for winning but to every country that whooped us....... I blame it on the italians..... there pizza was rigged with something..... too much extra cheese!!!!

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Germany has like 24 I think, then USA has 23, and Canada and I believe its Russia are tied with like 22 medals I think.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah well sometime left for Canada to atleast get 3rd place and then the best moment!!!!!!!!!!! Canada gets the torch!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!! *tears drop down* *sings canadian national anthem*

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
*sings Canadian national anthem with Nitz*
But yeah, even if we can get in the top 3 in the medal standings when the olympics are all set and done, I'd be more then happy.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Whoa, did I read the medal standings correct today, or did Germany like jump by almost 10 medals today in the standings? Whatever.

Canada though got a couple more medals today, so I'm happy. :)

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Gah, Sweden won the Gold Medal in hockey. I doubt they woulda won Gold if they had to go through Canada that's for sure.

I heard that the olympics are over. Germany finished 1st with 29 medals, USA 2nd with 25, and Canada 3rd with 24 medals. 7 Gold, 10 Silver, 7 Bronze.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yup then I watched the end because they gave the flag to our Mayor, as the winter olympics is in my home town VANCOUVER in 2010. I can't wait I'm going to buy tickets for hockey games and stuff early :D

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
4 years early? Wow you're stoked man. LOL :p
Maybe, if I move to Calgary or hopefully even further west as I'm supposed to, I might look into getting tickets too. :p