2006 Winter Olympics

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Even if you don't like the sport, its the medals count in the end that'll count.
Czech just lost 4-2 to Finland, yet another shocker in the men's hockey. Czech lost like twice now I think, or 3 even.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah its sad but good in a way too.... anyways were like 4th in medals the way were going if we win womens hockey and mens hockey I think we tie for 3rd spot. My guess is canada will take #3 spot out of all medals won.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Norway and USA will probably go 1 and 2 like every year around, but Canada if we get 3rd that would be sweet.

Rock Lee

Jan 12, 2006
Canada, Ontario
Zenny
I havent really watched the olympics much thwe odd time but im not a huge fan of it it bores me somewhat. Mangine if they had candien football in the olympics :p

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Thing is football isn't popular enough to Canada. Only hockey is really the big sport in Canada.

Speaking of Canada and hockey, we lost 2-0 to Finland today, but we still aren't eliminated. But we gotta pretty much from here on out to even have a chance at the gold.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I hope canada comes top 3 of all total medals won. Yeah I was very pissed again with canada's hockey team. The womens made it to final and will fight for gold tomrw. Although the guys well.... we have problems and tuesdays game we need to win.

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
Winter tennis does exist ^^

f_13.jpg

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yes, I'm so relieved to hear that Canada had won, I woulda been pissed right the **** off if they had lost it. They have no reason not to get any lower then Gold with the hockey team they got.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah when I woke up the 2nd period started and I was like crap were prolly losing but it was 3-0 and I was like sweet the czech had to change goalies too. I just hope tomrw's game goes well. Broduer seemed like he torn a muscle or pulled one but he says "ill be okay for tomrw" although usually you don't feel the pain untill the next day. If hes not feeling good Gretzky says chances are Turco will go in net instead.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
tomrw around 2:30 EST I think....... prolly against russia and we need to try and kick ass...... I mean the game against czech today was because we tried but slacked off and canada's gotta learn even if you have a 2-3 game lead you can't let your guard down or else your gonna get screwed over!

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, I mean their goaltending is good. You got 3 former Vezina winners or finalists in there, and a decent defense and a good offense. Just the chemistry thing has to be there all throughout the offense and play disciplined hockey, don't take stupid penalties and stuff like that.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
yeah tons of stupid penalties although today's game they didn't take to many bad ones. The chemistry will only build as they play more. Also once again Nash was benched today but he might have played one time on the ice and got benched.... Pat said he thinks nash could do better and till he does he doesn't want some players playing.

The Miz

Jan 12, 2006
Zenny
The lines should go like this IMO though.

Line 1: Top scoring line - Richards, Lecavalier, St. Louis. (Since that's the Tampa Bay line, and they singlehandedly stopped the Flames from winning the cup like 2 years ago).

Line 2: Secondary scoring line: Gagne, Sakic, Iginla. (Sakic and Iginla have been on a line before, and Gagne's scoring and ability to find the puck in traffic and make something outta nothing should make this a good second line).

Line 3: Grind line: Heatley, Thornton, Nash. (Put Nash back in since he can score, Heatley is a good scorer too and Thornton is a good face-off man and a good playmaker, they can also kill time for the top 2 lines to rest, etc).

Line 4: Checking line: Smyth, Doan, Bertuzzi. (3 guys who can play hard, scrappy, go after loose pucks, take guys off the boards, cover the net, creating scoring chances that way).

The 1 guy I would bench is Draper, as I think he doesn't belong on the team, let alone a spot on one of the lines.