Water Cooling

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Is this better than putting in an extra fan?
Well water cooling works better than air cooling I think.. which is why people use it in their computers and cars etc... But it's pretty expensive as a setup, which is why I'm wondering if it's even worth it or not. For the 360 I can see why those things heated like a sun!

The ps3's I hear can overheat although maybe not the slim? I don't even know how you would add a water coolking system in a slim! LOL barley any room!

Jing

The King Of Bandits
I have always been wary of modding a console, and the idea of cooling electronics with water (the anti-electronic element) seemed kind of ironic to me. I would be afraid it would leak and fry my system, but i guess if you are modding a console then you know what you are doing and don't worry about doing it wrong. and an overheating ps3? that's something i haven't heard of too often, i thought it was just the xbox' that could be used as ovens. : D

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I have always been wary of modding a console, and the idea of cooling electronics with water (the anti-electronic element) seemed kind of ironic to me. I would be afraid it would leak and fry my system, but i guess if you are modding a console then you know what you are doing and don't worry about doing it wrong. and an overheating ps3? that's something i haven't heard of too often, i thought it was just the xbox' that could be used as ovens. : D
ya I think it depends on the ps3 age. I think the older ones tend to heat up after a few yrs. Probably from a clogged fan full of dust.

As for cooling with water. When I 1st heard it.. I thought it was bogus. But apparently it's a very good way to cool. The other option is making it into a mini a/c LOL! then it stays REALLY cool!

ReganSharon

May 7, 2013
Zenny
The term "liquid cooled" sounds automotive oriented, doesn't it? Indeed, liquid cooling has been an integral part of the common gasoline engine for the better part of 100 years. Which begs to ask, why is it the preferred method of cooling expensive automobile engines? What's so great about liquid cooling, anyway
:|

Bisola

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
Anyone seen a water cooled PS3? I know a few people have done it for the 360.

Seems like a few people here too have had their systems overheat at some point too.
My Playstation 3 back then was always placed closed to the window. Having good ventilation is good to help your system to cool down and not overheat. It helped me well.

Shortie

Dec 16, 2022
England, UK
Zenny
I always remember seeing water-cooled Xbox 360's but I never recall seeing PS3s with water-cooling.

I was always a huge fan of Xbox so that is probably why I never noticed if Sony had a console with it. I never had one and don't remember knowing anyone who had one but it was quite interesting to see a console with water-cooling.